Brand new LTZ Z71 with issues

I have had my truck for a week and two days. So far the radio turns on every time I start the truck, none of the apps are on the radio including the marketplace app, the steering column creaks when turning, there is a pop in the rear end when I first back up in the morning, there some transmission lag in the morning when I leave the house going from 1st to 2nd (fine after that). I had to have a front end alignment the day after I got it because the steering wheel was off center (toe was out). It had 9 miles on it when I got it. Now it has just over 100 miles on it and I have already had it in the shop twice and it's going back tomorrow. Do I have any recourse here? I'm not one to nit pick but it seems wrong for a $60k truck to have this many issues before the ink is dry on the sales contract. I'm in Texas by the way if that matters.

One thing about Texas is that lemon law claims are rarely approved. I’ve done a little research and it’s a lengthy process that rarely works out in the favor of the plaintiff. I’ll drop it off and walk away before I pay this kind of money for a shop queen. 

2 hours ago, Catchesbass said:

One thing about Texas is that lemon law claims are rarely approved. I’ve done a little research and it’s a lengthy process that rarely works out in the favor of the plaintiff. I’ll drop it off and walk away before I pay this kind of money for a shop queen. 

Welcome to the site.

If you have a rapport with the dealership, check to see if they can get you into another truck, understanding you have signed paperwork and now a bank owns it, maybe it is possible without too much financial burden on you.

Open a claim with GM, they built it, not the dealership, they just sell them. Let Gm know how unhappy you are, they can help, but you have to patient, they have lots of customers, and work with them to be a happy buyer.

And, like I said earlier, which you probably already know,, but are angry, dealership could care less if you dump it on their lot, the banks owns it now, and they will come and get it. You will be on the hook for the loan on the truck, and it will screw up your credit pretty bad (I am assuming you financed the truck). 

I hear ya. I actually used to sell cars so I’m somewhat familiar with the process. I’ve had a few unhappy customers myself. My gm was a great guy and he always made sure the customer was happy. Within reason of course. As far as dropping at the dealership, that’s just for liability reasons. Once it’s dropped off at least it’s safe somewhere that knows the reason for its return. Unfortunately, I don’t know that I would have much luck with the dealership. Once they sell it it’s your baby. But I will be talking to them tomorrow when I drop it off. Surely he will understand my position. Whether or not he cares is another story. We’ll see. 

8 minutes ago, Catchesbass said:

I hear ya. I actually used to sell cars so I’m somewhat familiar with the process. I’ve had a few unhappy customers myself. My gm was a great guy and he always made sure the customer was happy. Within reason of course. As far as dropping at the dealership, that’s just for liability reasons. Once it’s dropped off at least it’s safe somewhere that knows the reason for its return. Unfortunately, I don’t know that I would have much luck with the dealership. Once they sell it it’s your baby. But I will be talking to them tomorrow when I drop it off. Surely he will understand my position. Whether or not he cares is another story. We’ll see. 

Is it the dealership where you worked?

I have been dealing with the dealership where I worked for almost 23 years now, much better buying when you are a customer rather than an employee, I beat the crap out of them on my rigs, because I know the direct route to GM to get things fixed.

The apps issue is well documented (I have the same issue) and GM knows about it and is working on a software update to fix it. I also had a crooked steering wheel from day one, but I crawled up under it myself and adjusted both tie rods using painters tape and a sharpie to make sure they were both clocked the same. Dead center now. The popping in the rear sounds like it may be the same issue the K2 trucks had, so you may just need to be patient and have the dealer work through your laundry list and document that you have been coming in for these issues. The 1-2 shift is another documented concern, and over time the adaptive strategy should smooth it out the more you drive it. Mine was very harsh, but it is perfect now 300 miles later. 

Let me know what you find out about the steering.  Is it a knock type creeking noise at low speeds?  I had a 20 Sierra and now a 21 and both had/have a the steering noise at low speed.  Did not really bother me but I would have it fixed if it was easy.  

I will say that the infotainment on both my 20 and 21 seemed a bit glitchy but it did not really bother me either.  

• 2 weeks later...

The transmission being harsh is 100% normal for first shift of the day especially in the 50 and below overnight category, there is even a TSB for it, but only if there are no other issues or damage to the transmission.

The steering creak may fade shortly, if it is disguised by music it may just be it breaking in, if its loud and obtrusive than it is definitely a cause for concern. It cleared itself after a few thousand miles, just turn up the tunes and enjoy the ride.

As for the alignment that was a failure of the dealer to properly PDI the vehicle.

Your infotainment system may just need an update, also keep in mind you need a data connection for marketplace to work properly.

There are plenty of glitches unfortunately with the infotainment system, including:

"Satellite signal lost attempting to reconnect" upon startup. To fix navigate to settings-vehicle-running applications-select the stop button next to Sirius xm and click ok, should fix it in a few seconds.

"I cant find a phone" when your phone is connected, havent found a fix for it 100% but reconnecting Bluetooth sometimes fixes it

Not showing the battery or data for cell phone, unpair and repair corrects.

However the rear end sound would have me concerned the most out of everything.

I just had an update last week. GM sent one out last Monday. The only issues that I know of right now is the radio still won’t stay off. Every day the radio turns itself on when I start the truck. And the backup camera is terribly grainy. I thought my foes camera was bad but this one is terrible.