Brand new LTZ Z71 with issues

$60k? You didn't spend enough to get a perfect truck, those who spend $65k or more usually are trouble free...

Either way those are minor issues easily addressed by the dealer or normal regardless and not at all inline with a lemon law. Seriously to say you are not nit picky then bring up lemon law after 100 miles of that? Let the dealer address the steering column noise (if it is extremely faint it is probably the clock spring and most all vehicles have that noise if you listen for it, some a little louder than others especially with more technology going through the steering wheel with more wires). The transmission shifting rough when could is normal, I can't remember ever being in a car that shifts smooth when cold right off the bat until it gets a little heat in it. The rear end noise is most likely normal, mines makes a little clunk when going in to reverse, just a little play in the diff that isn't worrisome but ask the dealer to take a look and replicate it for them. Either way none of this is serious and in need of a new thread asking about a lemon law based on how much you "paid" for the truck. It is new, it has a warranty for a reason, 100 miles let the dealer handle it that is why it is there and they have the opportunity to fix it...

The alignment, who knows you'd be surprised what weird things can happen on a mass produced vehicle that rolls off the assembly line every 45 seconds. 

Tyler

On 12/20/2020 at 11:11 PM, amxguy1970 said:

$60k? You didn't spend enough to get a perfect truck, those who spend $65k or more usually are trouble free...

Either way those are minor issues easily addressed by the dealer or normal regardless and not at all inline with a lemon law. Seriously to say you are not nit picky then bring up lemon law after 100 miles of that? Let the dealer address the steering column noise (if it is extremely faint it is probably the clock spring and most all vehicles have that noise if you listen for it, some a little louder than others especially with more technology going through the steering wheel with more wires). The transmission shifting rough when could is normal, I can't remember ever being in a car that shifts smooth when cold right off the bat until it gets a little heat in it. The rear end noise is most likely normal, mines makes a little clunk when going in to reverse, just a little play in the diff that isn't worrisome but ask the dealer to take a look and replicate it for them. Either way none of this is serious and in need of a new thread asking about a lemon law based on how much you "paid" for the truck. It is new, it has a warranty for a reason, 100 miles let the dealer handle it that is why it is there and they have the opportunity to fix it...

The alignment, who knows you'd be surprised what weird things can happen on a mass produced vehicle that rolls off the assembly line every 45 seconds. 

Tyler

Some of the stupidest things Ive heard, I just heard from you.  Actually, I bought a 41K Tundra and have a perfect truck with absolutely zero issues.  That tranny shifting like crap being normal and rear end clunking being normal, I cant stop laughing. keep going

On 12/21/2020 at 12:11 AM, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

none of the issues listed are okay for ANY brand new vehicle. I would sure as ****** be nit picky too. 

Some of the stupidest things Ive heard, I just heard from you.  Actually, I bought a 41K Tundra and have a perfect truck with absolutely zero issues.  That tranny shifting like crap being normal and rear end clunking being normal, I cant stop laughing. keep going

Just a quick Google search revealed Toyota doesn't make a perfect truck either.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2020/TOYOTA/TUNDRA/PU%25252FEC/2WD

With that said, I've been very nit picky about my $60k truck, and likely would've been with whatever truck I bought. I almost pulled the trigger on a 2020 Tundra TRD Pro in black, but I'm glad I didn't. I like the Silverado more. And, I use the storage under the rear seat, which is something no Tundra owner can say.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm not really fond of the radio coming on when the truck starts, but the folks at my dealership say that's the way the radio works.  It is annoying, but I would much rather deal with that than the more serious issues I have had in the past.  I just turn my volume down all the way instead of turning it off.  I hope there is an update to fix this issue, but I'm not holding my breath from past experience.

So far, my 10-speed transmission has been flawless.  I'm very happy about that, because I did not enjoy the 6-speed clank-o-matic in my 2014 and I didn't even make it through a test drive in a 2019 Denali with an 8-speed (the first 1-2 slam on startup did it for me).

Good luck getting your issues fixed--hopefully, your dealership is helpful.  Plus, enjoy knowing that your truck will probably get 1.5-2x the gas mileage of a Tundra.  On my Toyota test drive, the DIC showed a trip economy of just under 12.5 mpg.  I have talked to several Tundra owners who confirm that is about what they average.  I'm hoping the upcoming '22 Tundra gets competitive fuel economy.