Tow mirrors on the 1500....

I've "ordered" a 21 trail boss exactly the way I wanted.  I sat in the general managers seat and selected all of the options.  Need to say that it was weirdly optioned.  But I'm downsizing from a 2012 6.0 2500 which has been an awesome truck.  But its beating the hell out of me.  I got tow mirrors because it makes me see better also i think they look cool.  How do they look in person?  Anybody have any experience with these? Do they look shitty?

PS...I bought my truck in Oct of 2011, it has 143 sum k on her and I've had less that 5k in repairs after factory warrenty

13 hours ago, Bud Boss Lt said:

I've "ordered" a 21 trail boss exactly the way I wanted.  I sat in the general managers seat and selected all of the options.  Need to say that it was weirdly optioned.  But I'm downsizing from a 2012 6.0 2500 which has been an awesome truck.  But its beating the hell out of me.  I got tow mirrors because it makes me see better also i think they look cool.  How do they look in person?  Anybody have any experience with these? Do they look shitty?

PS...I bought my truck in Oct of 2011, it has 143 sum k on her and I've had less that 5k in repairs after factory warrenty

I think they look fine, but except of a single year (2015), I've been running GM's with tow mirrors for about 15 years.  

I found that after running them for many years, that I really missed the improved visibility they provide.  

IMO, the current ones are a little 'dressier' than the ones from the previous generation. 

Yes, have them on my 2021 1500. 

I swapped from regular to tow mirrors on mine. I think the looks question is really subjective but it makes a 1500 look more like an hd. Less street truck more work/big truck. I like them personally and really like the added cargo lights and extra visibility. You can always swap later if you change your mind. There's plenty of people looking to go bigger that'll trade. Just remember to swap wiring harnesses also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/29/2020 at 8:55 PM, Bud Boss Lt said:

Not a Trail Boss - but here is what they look like on AT4 - when it comes to towing they are a night and day improvement over stock mirrors.

2112937791_2020AT4-TowMirrors.thumb.jpg.28bd71fee45efbeb03c187ca2d3ee0c2.jpg1767178234_TruckFox2.thumb.JPG.c7935ae8998a5481cfcd49aa771ce791.JPG

• Like 1

I ordered the tow mirrors on my 2020 HC but wish I had the regular mirrors due to the blind spots they create. I do love the trailer turn signal side view that comes up in the info screen though. I assume the regular mirrors do not have this feature.

To answer your question they look fine/good.

I have a love/ hate relationship with the tow mirrors.  They offer excellent coverage with the big mirror and the wide angle views, and the task lights etc are actually useful.   The downside, the blindspots suck.  I think it may suck more for shorter people, since the lower you sit in the cab, the more it will block your view - If my eyes were 6-9 inches higher, maybe it wouldn't be an issue at all.  

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 11.57.38 PM.png

• Like 2

This generation, the tow mirrors definitely create a bigger blind spot than the K2's or 900's did.

Especially the passenger side. 

I prefer to have tow mirrors anyway.

Edited by redwngr

Would anyone know what part number is being used (And source) for the tow mirror upgrade? I know PGamboa has lots of information out there but I don't really want to re-wire my truck for this upgrade. I'd like to have;Chrome,pwr,heated and turn signal. I don't need pwr fold, pwr telescope etc. Any help on what where to buy these would be appreciated

No question the truck looks better without the tow mirrors - the standard look better.  If you don't tow that would be the way to go.  I agree as stated above the tow mirrors do provide blind spots when looking forward.  If you tow the tow mirrors offer a significant advantage over the standard mirrors.  I traded my 2019 AT4 Carbon Pro with standard mirrors for a 2020 AT4 Carbon Pro with tow mirrors because I tow and the standard mirrors do not allow any visibility down the side of a 24' enclosed trailer. The Tow mirrors offer great rear visibility when towing and the cameras in the mirrors also offer another level of visibility when towing, that make towing much safer with the tow mirrors.

If you tow get them, if you don't or tow small open trailer don't!