Seat issues on Sierras

New to forum. I have owned 3 Sierra SLT 1500's now, a 2016, 2018 and now a 2020. I have had the same issue on all three and wondering of anyone else has had the same.

The issue: The drivers seat feels like it moves when making turns, not high speed turns, it is most prominent in parking lots. The seat feels like it is clicking. The dealer replaced the seat from in the 2016 and it came back shortly after. the dealer for the 2018 and now 2020 say they can not duplicate the issue when they test drive the truck. It is more like a feel than a sound, it just feels like the seat is shifting on the seat frame. I have checked to make sure nothing is rolling around in the console and nothing is under the seat. It almost feels like there is a soda can rolling around and hitting the frame on turns. Slight but hyper annoying. 

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by glenncarp

Yes, the driver seat did this in my 17 and my 20. I’ve done the same as you, took to dealer and got the “cannot reproduce the issue”. I’ve tried to look underneath while my wife tried to shift in the seat and we couldn’t get it to move while the truck was sitting... It’s a subtle seat click too, annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 - All Terrain SLE.  YES - I had the CLICK since Day 1.

It was a REcall - allegedly - and there was a "FIX" , but it still clicks, but not AS MUCH.

And the dealership COULD Reproduce the sound - but had no solution - but I was not the first to claim the fault to them, they just did not GAF.

I haven't noticed this on my SLT, but my '17 Explorer Sport does the same thing.  I think it is just loose tolerances in the rails of the seat.  It isn't massive, and the dealer has tightened everything possible.  They even went so far as to replace the bolts for the seat frame.

Both my 2014 1500 and my 2016 2500 did/do this. Yes it is annoying. I try not to let it bother me. I still maintain that as they get newer they get worse and worse but as I put so many miles one every year I can’t keep a truck for more than 4 years and have to keep getting new ones. So I have gotten used to the idea that paying more doesn’t get better quality and small things that would have bugged me in the past are now acceptable, just hoping for no big issues. And I think all brands are the same unfortunately.......