10 speed transmissions on trail bosses

I'm one of the few 10 speed owners with issues.  1900 miles, one of the shift solenoids in the valve body ****** the bed.  First and second gear, that's it.  No reverse.  Once it was fixed, and, now at ~13k on the odometer, zero issues, and still love the way it shifts.  I'll chalk it up to a random defective part and move on.

I’m not really an 8 speed hater. The two T1s I drove with it both shifted much faster and smoother than my 2016 6 speed.

That said, my 10 speed is absolutely flawless. Best powertrain in the business. Even reviewers who hate on every other part of these trucks had to admit that.

6 hours ago, gt tangerine said:

Went from a 2019 LT with the 8 speed to the 2021 with the ten speed. Awesome truck. Always fun to drive, shifts like butter and I haven’t looked back since. The truck is more fun than my performance pack S550 mustang GT but that’s just my opinion. 

8E9ECE16-FC39-4A0C-B044-D583D3A93F8B.jpeg

Love my 20 gmc sierra slt with the 10 speed, and Newton Falls.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chevyguy273 said:

I absolutely love my 2020 LTZ Crew Cab 6.2l and 10 speed auto. It shifts so smooth you can barely feel it. And I can get 24 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. And it’s an absolute blast to drive. 

I was going to say, I'm good for 22 at that speed with a 5.3, then realized the 6.2 has to work less (more deactivated cylinders), so that is possible... 

I'm not a gear head per se, but I dont think 5.3 or 6.2 would make that much of a difference in daily driving. The torque differences is where the 6.2 would probably be the biggest change/advantage. As far as mpg, if you're getting 26mpg and GM says it 16mpg average......GM would LOVE to hear from you. Lol. Dont get me wrong,  I'm not coming at this negatively, but seriously.......a V8, lifted 2 inches,  on an aggressive tire.......dude, diesels dont even get that. But if you say that's what you're getting, more power to you.

1 hour ago, Ramper71 said:

You're getting 24mpg on duratracs???? Downhill maybe. Lol

Stock Bridgestone Dueller AT 275/60/20 I don’t have a Trailboss. I have a LTZ Crew Cab short box Z-71. To me it’s just a bonus. On the mpg. I don’t really care what it gets for mpg. I still have my 11 year old 200,000 mile Corolla for fuel economy. But it’s pretty impressive. Something that big and aerodynamic can achieve that type of mpg. I haven’t owned one of these behemoths of the road in twenty years so my opinions May be really biased. 

32 minutes ago, SteveCZ said:

I was going to say, I'm good for 22 at that speed with a 5.3, then realized the 6.2 has to work less (more deactivated cylinders), so that is possible... 

I did two road trips last summer to the northern part of my state. It was 422 miles each time round trip. I averaged  24.22 on the first trip. And 24.57 on the second trip 30 days later. It was 90% highway. And the rest was driving the speed limit through deserted summer towns with no tourists. To our destination. I set the cruise to 65. I am coming from a Corolla. So I am blown away by this giant vehicle getting more mpgs than it’s supposed to. And again. I don’t have a lift. It’s a bone stock 2020 LTZ Crew Cab short box Z-71 with the 6.2. And 20 in wheels with Bridgestone at tires. 

Well at any rate, the mpgs are impressive for any pick up. Perhaps my 6 speed isnt as wonderful as I thought. Lol. And agreed, no one buys a pick up for the mpgs,  but you make a very good case that they're not the gas pigs every CAR owner and green new deal supporter claims that they are. Kudos to you brother. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chevyguy273 said:

My apologies. I should not have posted here. I don’t own a Trailboss. I was only trying to help the op regarding the 10 speed transmission question. 

I don't think that the OP was specifically asking for TB usage scenarios with the 10-spd, so your comments are definitely welcome. This isn't a TB specific forum.

• Thanks 1