Acadia Back up Camera display intermittent, not working

Just picked up a 2021 Acadia on new years eve. It has the Denali technology package, but I would assume the backup camera is the same on all models. My wife has complained about the backup camera not displaying upon cold start, but it works later after re-starting. It has worked each time I drove it, I finally saw the black screen of death this AM.

When we were shopping we considered a very low mileage 2020 Acadia Denali that was bought back due to camera/display problems. It had been fixed, but instead, we chose to get a new one in the wife's preferred color. So it seems that this may be a common problem.

So, is there a TSB about this? Is there a known fix? Being under warranty, all I care about it getting it fixed with the least amount of inconvenience to us.

I'd like to do my research before taking to the dealer, especially since it seems to work when the vehicle is warmed up. I don't want to waste my time if it is something the dealer won't be able to replicate without leaving it sit there overnight.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, mprimeau said:

We've had the same issue on our 2020 Acadia. Very frustrating and intermittent. We have been unable to get it to the dealer when it occurs, so I'm not sure what the fix is yet. If you find a fix, I'd be interested to know what it was. 

I've been monitoring it. So far all I can tell is that it is related to being cold. We have an attached garage, so it generally stays above freezing. It seems to only happen on the colder days.

This weekend we went shopping. I started it up in the parking lot and it wouldn't display, but only 1 time. Its been pretty cold this week, but each morning it still works properly in the garage.

So at this point, I'm going to hold off with wasting time at the dealer until it becomes more of a problem. We'll see if the issues disappear when warmer weather arrives.

• 8 months later...

I had a similar problem on my 2020 Acadia Denali but with the front camera. I can sit there and watch it flash to black several times and a few times it'll stay black until I restart the car. Brought to the dealer once and they couldnt replicate it so I took a few videos and planning on bringing it again soon

• 1 month later...

We purchased a Acadia Denali 2020. On the way home with our new vehicle the camera stopped working. We went back to the service department and they tried several things to see what is the problem. They finally ordered a  cable and it seemed to take care of the issue, but we occasionally have issues with it. We love our vehicle,  but very disappointing in GMC camera issues.