Interior Lighting in New SUVs

Hey current 2021 SUV owners, 

How is the interior cabin lighting at night? In the T1 trucks, it's terrible. I was wondering if GM improved this for the SUVs? I haven't been able to see any reviewers talk about this, because they're always reviewing during the daylight. 

Also, do the vanity mirrors have lights behind the sunshades? Another place GM skimped on the T1 trucks... no lights there, just the mirror. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JR09country said:

On the summary build sheet for a Suburban LT
- Driver and front passenger visors with illuminated mirrors
-Include covered mirrors

Hopefully someone can confirm that, that is one of my wifes complaints with my TB.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I did see that last night when I was looking over a build sheet online in more detail, too. That's good. 

2 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

My 19 Silverado has em had to out to check because I have never dropped my visors emoji23.png

4f421bbca8f90aaa5a4aaa4a64c8c70a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

? I guess it’s HC / Denali only... since only those owners need light to check to see how purdy they look? ??

• Like 1

[emoji23] I guess it’s HC / Denali only... since only those owners need light to check to see how purdy they look? [emoji851][emoji23]

Like I said I had to check because I didn’t know if mine had them. My old 2010 had them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

33 minutes ago, RhinoGuy said:

The lighting inside of my 21 Yukon is not very good at all. I'm pretty sure it has visor lights though.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks! 

Sounds like the SUVs got the same lighting as the trucks. ?

1 hour ago, Denali2021 said:

Can confirm lighting is just about barely acceptable... Not sure why with leds they couldn't allow for more options on brightness. I'd say it's a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. I really did hope they would correct this on the SUVs. It's just so bad on the trucks. The lighting is really limited to few specific areas in the cabin. It's terrible. 

• 1 month later...

Going from a 19 silverado to a 21 tahoe, I will say that the lighting is better in the suvs. You at least get light in the footwell area which helps brighten the whole vehicle. Still bit the greatest but better than the trucks for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR09country said:

Going from a 19 silverado to a 21 tahoe, I will say that the lighting is better in the suvs. You at least get light in the footwell area which helps brighten the whole vehicle. Still bit the greatest but better than the trucks for sure.

Thanks for the feedback. You finally get a Tahoe Z71? 

I was so close to trading in for a Z71 Tahoe or AT4 Yukon... but the market is just not right for me right now. I'm going to wait to see what the 2022 refresh trucks look like, then decide. I figure the SUVs will be through the kinks in production by then, and maybe some better rebates will be around if I want to go that route. 

Thanks for the feedback. You finally get a Tahoe Z71? 

I was so close to trading in for a Z71 Tahoe or AT4 Yukon... but the market is just not right for me right now. I'm going to wait to see what the 2022 refresh trucks look like, then decide. I figure the SUVs will be through the kinks in production by then, and maybe some better rebates will be around if I want to go that route. 

I did. I found one with the z71 offroad package and bench seat with no panoramic roof or rear entertainment system. I got very lucky, this is the only one I could find in a 500 mile radius with the air, magnaride and max tow.

I did the swap now since I figured this would be the best time for highest trade value. Once the 2022s are released with the updated interior I assume our values will go down significantly.

Any questions just message me. ff5771a112209498398382b2d3b579be.jpg

• Like 2

Nice @JR09country! Yeah, that's really surprising you were able to find one without the pano roof and rear nav. That was the main issue I kept running into... I do not want the rear nav. And almost all the models on lots had that WITH the air ride. And I knew that ordering one was going to take forever to get built, so I just threw in the towel for now. 

How does that Tahoe ride with the air ride, anyway? Even though I've wanted the air ride, I've been on the fence about it as it relates to the longer-term reliability of it. 

@econometrics This is one of the best riding fullsizes I have ever driven, it was the main reason I made the switch from my truck to this. I never drove just a magnaride version so I cant speak to that ride but I did drive a regular suspension suburban and this ride is superior.

The reliability is a concern but I drive so little and dont keep my vehicles very long (expensive habit, I know) that I didnt let it change my decision. Honestly, everytime I drive the tahoe it confirms my choice and makes me wonder why I didnt just wait and skip the Trail boss all together.

• Like 1