Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

u3putt

Game Changer - Banks PedalMonster

Recommended Posts

Just added the PedalMonster and iDash....................holy crap what a difference!  My 2021 2500HD LTZ Z71 went from a locomotive to a Corvette.  Sport setting 6 seems to be the sweet spot and I am shocked at the difference it made.  I had been thinking about adding the Derringer to is as well but with the PedalMonster installed I dont feel the need for any more power as the truck now feels like it has a ton more.  And, no issues with the warrantee  as there is no lasting signature it was installed.  Gauge is cool too.  I like knowing boost and DPF filter saturation levels.  Totally worth the $600.   Sorry for the dark picture, gauge pod did not show up until after dark yesterday.

Gauge.jpg

Edited by u3putt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very happy with my set up as well. Data monster, Super gauge, Derringer, and Pedal Monster

023BC5ED-9ED8-42AE-A5FB-423C3707CB90.jpeg

E816E557-53B8-4632-873B-A6361229B665.jpeg

Edited by sdelam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The folks over on duramaxforum.com like these as well.  I'm considering it for my 2018 but am still worried about warranty denial.  I've got 16,000 miles on it.  I've read of several cases of warranty denial after the service department found traces of performance tunes in the onboard computers (apparently there is not just 1 computer that logs this stuff?) and the tuners claimed that reverting things back to stock programming and doing a relearn and or unplugging the batteries for a few hours would erase the footprint, but the dealers still found out somehow.. So I don't know.  Still have to hit 60,000 miles or 5 years (2023) whichever comes first for me.  And given that we are still seeing DEF, NOX, and glow plug issues on even the L5P.. I'm concerned.  I had DEF and glow plug issues on my 2013 LML while still under warranty, and NOX sensor issues right out of warranty that GM would not cover.. so I might just wait until I am out of warranty before throwing on the go fast things.  I do miss the better performance I got on my LMM when I installed the Hypertech Max Energy tunes.. it helped eliminate the turbo lag/dead pedal and torque converter issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colossus said:

The folks over on duramaxforum.com like these as well.  I'm considering it for my 2018 but am still worried about warranty denial.  I've got 16,000 miles on it.  I've read of several cases of warranty denial after the service department found traces of performance tunes in the onboard computers (apparently there is not just 1 computer that logs this stuff?) and the tuners claimed that reverting things back to stock programming and doing a relearn and or unplugging the batteries for a few hours would erase the footprint, but the dealers still found out somehow.. So I don't know.  Still have to hit 60,000 miles or 5 years (2023) whichever comes first for me.  And given that we are still seeing DEF, NOX, and glow plug issues on even the L5P.. I'm concerned.  I had DEF and glow plug issues on my 2013 LML while still under warranty, and NOX sensor issues right out of warranty that GM would not cover.. so I might just wait until I am out of warranty before throwing on the go fast things.  I do miss the better performance I got on my LMM when I installed the Hypertech Max Energy tunes.. it helped eliminate the turbo lag/dead pedal and torque converter issues. 

Your concerns are similar to mine. I had a 2015 LML and traded it right around B2B warranty. I got the 6.6 gas engine in my 2020 I had and it performed well. Now, I'm back in a Duramax with the new truck. I absolutely plan on keeping it stock, as you mentioned. For what I'll be doing, I won't notice the lack of "extra" giddy up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pedal monster is just a throttle sensitivity booster with some fail safes built in. Does not change any engine inputs/outputs. For me it helps take out the lag felt during rolling stops, like crossing traffic. the iDash is just a monitor, no different than a standard CEL reader just packaged cleaner for real time viewing. If you don't want to add the Derringer, you will still benefit from the other units. That said,  I have had my truck in the shop several times with the Derringer installed, including a fuel rail sensor CEL. Never had an issue from the service guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just installed derringer, pedal monster, and iDash on my 2020 L5P. It’s pretty insane now.

I’ve only driven maybe 2mi since installation and I have one concern. I pulled out onto highway with derringer at lvl6 and pedal monster at track lvl10. Did great. Cruising at 50mph and mashed to floor and the truck didn’t much except fumble between gears violently. Scared me so I drove home gingerly.

Anyone have issues with shifts after derringer?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 8:44 AM, sdelam said:

I am very happy with my set up as well. Data monster, Super gauge, Derringer, and Pedal Monster

023BC5ED-9ED8-42AE-A5FB-423C3707CB90.jpeg

E816E557-53B8-4632-873B-A6361229B665.jpeg

What mount is that? I have a 2021 on order and will be using the Banks setup and I don’t want anything mounted on the windshield.

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jhplak325 said:

What mount is that? I have a 2021 on order and will be using the Banks setup and I don’t want anything mounted on the windshield.

 

thanks

Block8head, best reached through Facebook messenger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to understand this...

Is the pedal monster not the same as just pushing the skinny pedal a bit further?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 9:02 AM, sdelam said:

Block8head, best reached through Facebook messenger. 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.