Just Installed Diablew Custom Tune

Have no experience with any other remote tuners, but I can vouch for Lew. His customer service is top notch. The two main things I noticed; the TCU tune is phenomenal and isn't searching for gears all the time when you stomp on it, and the low end torque is snappy like it should have came from the factory. My butt dyno approves! ? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, boettcher40 said:

Have no experience with any other remote tuners, but I can vouch for Lew. His customer service is top notch. The two main things I noticed; the TCU tune is phenomenal and isn't searching for gears all the time when you stomp on it, and the low end torque is snappy like it should have came from the factory. My butt dyno approves! ? 

Those are the first things I noticed as well. I will probably do some 0-60 runs while doing the WOT logs just to see what it clocks at. I know what it was stock so I have a baseline. And yes Lew has been great to deal with.

I also have a Lew Tune.  Yes he sells tuners and tunes.  Lew is the best, service is fast and his tunes are spot on. I have 2018 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 with 6.2l and he really made it a different truck.

You will not regret using Lew.  Just my $.02

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see on Lew’s site that he doesn’t disable/alter emissions related item...so I take it that you still have the v4 mode after one of his tunes or does/can he disable that ?

Just trying to decide if I am going to get a range AFM disabler or go with one of the other “tuners”.

I see on Lew’s site that he doesn’t disable/alter emissions related item...so I take it that you still have the v4 mode after one of his tunes or does/can he disable that ?

Just trying to decide if I am going to get a range AFM disabler or go with one of the other “tuners”.

He turns the AFM system off so it’s full time V8. That has nothing to do with emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought that getting a Lew tune, but I don't think that he can tune the 2017+ 8 speed TCM. I know the tune in my 2015 was awesome and the "new" shifting points made the truck much more fun to drive. So, I would be curious for the guys that have a 2017+ 8 speed, did the Lew tune change when the trucks shifts? 

On 3/23/2021 at 5:50 PM, UrbanRage said:

I've thought that getting a Lew tune, but I don't think that he can tune the 2017+ 8 speed TCM. I know the tune in my 2015 was awesome and the "new" shifting points made the truck much more fun to drive. So, I would be curious for the guys that have a 2017+ 8 speed, did the Lew tune change when the trucks shifts? 

I don't see why he couldn't tune the 8 speed. The intune i3 8246 supports 17+ 5.3/6.2. I'd shoot him an email just to confirm.