TPMS for boat trailer

Has anyone purchased the TPMS valve stems to add to your boat trailer? I have them on my 5th wheel and they work good and are tied into the truck system. I am thinking that since they are sealed inside the tire that water wouldn’t be an issue. Anyone else have experience? Also any idea what size diameter valve stems they are? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mercracing said:

Guys, it’s inside a pressurized tire. Water can’t get in unless you have a flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking. Have you ever been worried about your truck TPMS sensors when you are backing into the ramp or going through a deep puddle?

I was more worried about corrosion as the factory TPMS have a metal body and stem. I don’t usually back my truck tires all the way under salt water but the trailer would be.

You’re not Parking under salt water. Shouldn’t be any different then us driving around during the winter. Rinse it off when you can and you should be good.

Ok same subject...different question..

If cost is not an issue I was wondering how the truck would handle if I put a TPMS on the spare tire. I would have 5 tires which is an odd number. The truck wants you to put in the number of axles on trailer so if I say 3 axles it would show one side with pressure and the other with 0. Do you think it would give a constant alarm of no signal every time I start up?

Wait...they don't have a tpm in the spare? My 2006 Toyota has one in the spare...

I don’t think so. I’m not positive about the trucks, but one of my suburbans had a flat and I had an alert every time I started it for two days till I got the tire fixed.

12 hours ago, CMillSilverado said:

Did you check with GM to see how many sensors the factory unit will store? I only ask as my old Tundra only stored 4 so GM might only store 8.

Stores 4 for the truck..

With the trailering app, each Trailer can have up to 6.

Optional package of trailer sensors with factory order is 4 sensors.  Additional sensors can be ordered thru accessories. 

Trailer sensors include temperature, Truck sensors do not.

Trailering app will keeps a bunch of other info, including fuel economy numbers, brake controller settings and maintenance reminders settings for each trailer. It also has provision for 'guest' trailer. 

There can be up to five trailer profiles, so that could be a total of 30 trailer sensors. 

Trailer profiles will be listed in the order of the most frequently used. 

There can also be a 'guest' profile.