More capable TB or something even more badass?

f8l vnm

2 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

No one needs all that TRX power ? lol . C'mon fellas .  I get we all love our GMC/Chevy trucks but the homer is strong with this one. 

They have been selling the piss out of the TRX and all their cars that have the Hellcat motor.  Dont forget the Ram trucks also have the nicest interior in the game. 

I'm not sure where that info is coming from. Dodge sales have been going down year over year since 2013, with the exception of 2019 where they saw a tiny bump from the previous year. Each greater "hellcat" model, Challenger, Charger and Durango have also been decreasing year over year. And there is no breakdown on sales of specific trims of models. 

Also not sure where you're getting the information that "they have been selling the piss out of the TRX". I have yet to see one on the road. I've seen about 30 Youtube videos of people with theirs. There are no sales numbers, and I would put very high bets that it is still quite under what the Raptor will do this year.

Anyways....that's all besides the point. The point remains that....there is no practical use for Hellcat power. It is simply a d*ck measuring contest. Not to mention that none of the hellcat vehicles are engineered properly to even come close to putting all that power down on the ground so that its usable....save for the TRX because it weighs as much as a house.

1 hour ago, shanemoon said:

I have yet to see one on the road. I've seen about 30 Youtube videos of people with theirs. There are no sales numbers, and I would put very high bets that it is still quite under what the Raptor will do this year.

Anyways....that's all besides the point. The point remains that....there is no practical use for Hellcat power. It is simply a d*ck measuring contest. Not to mention that none of the hellcat vehicles are engineered properly to even come close to putting all that power down on the ground so that its usable....save for the TRX because it weighs as much as a house.

I finally saw one in town last week. Honestly, I felt bad for the dude driving it. I know he doesn't feel bad for himself, but mashing on the pedal and getting your jollies really wears off, as many of us know. When you have to keep hitting the gas pump after 200 miles, it gets old quickly. 

At least the Raptor has somewhat-justifiable MPG. 

A supercharged 6.2L with a ten speed and 3.73 gears would be perfect! 

My buddy has a 2013 Avalanche with 6.2L supercharged with 4.10 gears,  24s and with 6 spd and gets 20 mpgs out on highway. It is very possible to achieve gas mileage with these new trucks if tuned properly, and GM can do it. I’ve seen it first hand. This truck will beat a TRX. I just wish he’d sell it to me!  

Also, the TRX no matter how one looks at it is a beast of a truck. It’s not my cup of tea but if dodge....oh I mean Ram decided to put it into an SRT sport truck like the older SRT-10, and GM doesn’t do anything, I could jump ship and buy one. 

6D2DB761-BA8A-47F4-9D95-627328B8003E.jpeg

Edited by TNTSilverado

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

If they put an OEM blower on the 6.2L, let's just hope it can compete with the Hellcat a WEE better than it does here: 

Did you see how bad that trucks front end jerked around! It looked like it was out of alignment while he was racing it. Couldn’t keep it straight. Plus it has 37 inch tires on it. No thank you. GM has the ability to do so much better than that Jackal

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I feel like the 1000hp Hummer is kinda getting dissed here...not even a mention even though it’s gonna be way faster than the TRX and has great off road potential. 

I agree with you, it’s not getting any attention that it probably deserves, but here in Midwest we don’t have the surplus to have a Hummer like this. We don’t have a single charging port in my area. And can you imagine what those batteries would have gone through in the -25 degrees I had here for 2 weeks straight at beginning of February. NO WAY!!  
GM has all the goods in house to make this truck. H@LL the newer ZL1 has been produced with “basically” our  engine-since 2016. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

If you think mid travel kit is leveling kit than your sadly mistaken

I respectively disagree....

So, I went and looked up a bunch of mid travel kits for Silverado's, and all where 10 inches and under, Fords Raptor out of the box, gets almost 14 inches of travel. I'll stick with my statement.

Edited by gearheadesw

32 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I agree with you, it’s not getting any attention that it probably deserves, but here in Midwest we don’t have the surplus to have a Hummer like this. We don’t have a single charging port in my area. And can you imagine what those batteries would have gone through in the -25 degrees I had here for 2 weeks straight at beginning of February. NO WAY!!  
GM has all the goods in house to make this truck. H@LL the newer ZL1 has been produced with “basically” our  engine-since 2016. 

Yup, I agree. Just playing devil’s advocate.

Plus, I’m sure GM views the Hummer as a competitor to the TRX. And I do think there will be some crossover between buyers of those $100,000+ pickups.

52 minutes ago, gearheadesw said:

I respectively disagree....

So, I went and looked up a bunch of mid travel kits for Silverado's, and all where 10 inches and under, Fords Raptor out of the box, gets almost 14 inches of travel. I'll stick with my statement.

lol, no worries man.....no need to elaborate further, enjoy

• Like 1

So I was enjoying my coffee and cars this am and found this on motortrend.  Just a concept/idea but.........

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ram-1500-trx-srt-10-performance-truck-render/

if this happens, and GM doesn’t produce something that is competitive, this will make me to jump ship. Looks nice. 

19 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

So I was enjoying my coffee and cars this am and found this on motortrend.  Just a concept/idea but.........

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ram-1500-trx-srt-10-performance-truck-render/

if this happens, and GM doesn’t produce something that is competitive, this will make me to jump ship. Looks nice. 

That’s everything I wish for. Imagine a 700hp engine that doesn’t have to move a lifted truck on 35s. 🏁

6 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

That’s everything I wish for. Imagine a 700hp engine that doesn’t have to move a lifted truck on 35s. 🏁

Precisely!!  Hauls @$$! Comfortably seats 4 to 5 people, the family pet, all your luggage and tows whatever you want! Also rides amazing with Rams air ride suspension or with GM could have magnetic air ride. Best of both worlds. 

57 minutes ago, TeamSaris said:

Rams air ride suspension rides like ******

Interesting. Buddies rides pretty nice. He has been a life long Chevy man. It’s his supercharged avalanche in picture. Also has 2 camaros, but he won’t go back to GM trucks until they get rid of the solid axle and do an independent suspension like his avalanche has or some sort of air suspension. He is in love with the ride of his Ram and the air ride system.  

why do you think it is junk?  Just curious. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

1 minute ago, TNTSilverado said:

Interesting. Buddies rides pretty nice. He has been a life long Chevy man. It’s his supercharged avalanche in picture. Also has 2 camaros, but he won’t go back to GM trucks until they get rid of the solid axle and do an independent suspension like his avalanche has or some sort of air suspension. He is in love with the ride of his Ram and the air ride system.  

why do you think it is junk?  Just curious. 

A friend of mine has a 2019 ram with the air suspension, I think it’s one of the stiffest riding trucks I’ve ever been in. My Sierra feels like a Cadillac in comparison. It’s funny though, a friend of mine put airbags in his Silverado and it rides stiff as a board now too. I assumed it was just nature of the beast