More capable TB or something even more badass?

f8l vnm

heard they were coming out with it but that it was suppose to be really mild version.....not to compete raptor or trx, which makes no sense since they have a TB already.....maybe they changed though

Edited by Dunn

11 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Chevy will be pwned again by Ford and Dodge in the offroad-capable rig category.  

Your probably right, but honestly...how many people who buy Raptors and the TRX will use it to its full potential? Most owners of these trucks that I know have never even been off road with them. The ones that do, and the trails they take them on could easily be done in myTrail Boss. The majority of people that have them use them as mall cruisers. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Firehawk T/A said:

Your probably right, but honestly...how many people who buy Raptors and the TRX will use it to its full potential? Most owners of these trucks that I know have never even been off road with them. The ones that do, and the trails they take them on could easily be done in myTrail Boss. The majority of people that have them use them as mall cruisers. 

Totally agree.  All the Raptors around here in Iowa have hardly seen a dirt road let alone a true off-road trail. Never have been a fun of them. Give me a street truck supercharged version GM!  

On 2/27/2021 at 12:57 PM, Firehawk T/A said:

It's true. But truck people are all about image...lol. I live in DFW....people around here try to act country...but there's also a lot of money around here. The amount of Raptors I see on the road is ridiculous. Literally 8-12 a day. And I don't drive much. It's all about having the coolest thing. No one needs all the power of a TRX. And honestly, the Raptor is a better truck in a lot of ways. I think all the Hellcat vehicles are stupid. Can't put power down, very unrefined, not well engineered, etc.

tons here in LA and never even see a dirt road much less offroad......its a status thing

if you really wanted a offroad capable luxury vehicle you could buy a base SLT or LTZ with all interior features and slap a KING/FOX 3.0 mid travel kit that would be much more capable for less money .....raptor shocks (least older ones) werent even really 2.5 and had a shock piston the size of bilstein 5100.....sure the new one is similar, its marketing and guarantee for fox to build 10,000 propietery shocks for ford at a reduced cost for production vehicle.....not the same as when you buy them in the aftermarket from either company

but i guess the whole point is to have the raptor logo vs what the actual vehicle is capable of doing, lol

manufacturers make vehicles for profit not for best performance....fairly easy to surpass OEM suspension

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dunn said:

tons here in LA and never even see a dirt road much less offroad......its a status thing

if you really wanted a offroad capable luxury vehicle you could buy a base SLT or LTZ with all interior features and slap a KING/FOX 3.0 mid travel kit that would be much more capable for less money .....raptor shocks (least older ones) werent even really 2.5 and had a shock piston the size of bilstein 5100.....sure the new one is similar, its marketing and guarantee for fox to build 10,000 propietery shocks for ford at a reduced cost for production vehicle.....not the same as when you buy them in the aftermarket from either company

but i guess the whole point is to have the raptor logo vs what the actual vehicle is capable of doing, lol

manufacturers make vehicles for profit not for best performance....fairly easy to surpass OEM suspension

If you think a high end leveling kit will put a Silverado in Raptor suspension territory, you're sadly mistaken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

If you think a high end leveling kit will put a Silverado in Raptor suspension territory, you're sadly mistaken.

Thank you for this. 100% correct and you also get a full warranty on all parts.  

14 hours ago, shanemoon said:

It's true. But truck people are all about image...lol. I live in DFW....people around here try to act country...but there's also a lot of money around here. The amount of Raptors I see on the road is ridiculous. Literally 8-12 a day. And I don't drive much. It's all about having the coolest thing. No one needs all the power of a TRX. And honestly, the Raptor is a better truck in a lot of ways. I think all the Hellcat vehicles are stupid. Can't put power down, very unrefined, not well engineered, etc.

No one needs all that TRX power ? lol . C'mon fellas .  I get we all love our GMC/Chevy trucks but the homer is strong with this one. 

They have been selling the piss out of the TRX and all their cars that have the Hellcat motor.  Dont forget the Ram trucks also have the nicest interior in the game. 

3 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

If you think mid travel kit is leveling kit than your sadly mistaken

• Like 1

Also, I'm not as hopeful for a beefier 6.2L. I don't think that bulge has anything to do with a supercharger on the 6.2L. 

Are we sure that was not just the flimsy wrap blowing in the wind? Maybe my cynical self does not believe GM would actually be sensible enough to put out a motor to compete with the TRX. ? 

Either way, I like that improved, beefier skid plate that we see in the pics. And the bigger tires. Here's to hoping that it's SOMETHING better!