3.0 Duramax cranks but won’t start

1 hour ago, GJR1212 said:

I've read most of the post on this and I do not recall anyone having a long crank, no start from the auto start/stop.   The ones that do it most offend seem to get with the remote start as well as the dash button start.   If your foot is touching the gas or the floor mat is laying on the gas, you will get long crank, no start as well.  

I just tried starting mine with the diesel pedal floored. It actually started right up. Maybe I’ll use both pedals every time 😂

Anyone know why the auto start/stop would be unaffected by this issue? 

Edited by WontStart

On 10/1/2021 at 6:28 PM, Dino76033 said:

Has anyone that does not disable the Auto Start/Stop feature ever had this happen at a stop?

Most of my commute to work and back is on the highway so I just leave my start stop function turned on.  I do get caught at several stop lights on my way to the highway from time to time and have not had any issues with the truck starting when I let off the brake.  My no start issues have only happened after the truck has sat for a few hours at a time.  It has always started on my 2nd try.  

As long as it continues to start on the 2nd try and at the low frequency that I'm currently experiencing, there's no way in hell I'll be trading it in on any other pickup offering out there currently as I'm really digging this little 3.0 straight six.

Edited by V8Chevy

PIP5823A: Intermittent Extended Crank No Start - (Oct 1, 2021)

Cadillac

Escalade models

All

All

LM2

All

Chevrolet

Silverado

2020 - 2021

All

All

LM2

All

Chevrolet

Suburban

All

All

LM2

All

Chevrolet

Tahoe

All

All

LM2

All

GMC

Sierra

2020 - 2021

All

All

LM2

All

GMC

Yukon models

All

All

LM2

All

Correction:

Reprogram the Engine Control Module (ECM)

:)

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GTPprix said:

Sorry that link shouldn't have carried over but I believe this is the (hopefully) fix everyone is after :)

I couldnt find a reference to this bulletin on the google. Where did you find it?

12 hours ago, WontStart said:

The link didn’t work! If this is actually the fix, I almost feel bad for the guys trading these trucks in for Tundras 😂

Feel bad for them?  They are getting a much better truck. 

2 hours ago, WontStart said:

I couldnt find a reference to this bulletin on the google. Where did you find it?

Probably because its not a bulletin and doubtful given how new it is that its been posted anywhere else either. Dealer will have that document under that PIP# :)

4 hours ago, Hello32 said:

My truck has been at the dealers for the past 2 weeks. They called me on the 1st and said GM is releasing a fix on Monday (today). Said it would be a ECU reprogram like last time, Im guessing this is the fix.

Keep us updated. I just got back from the dealer with the alleged fix but their printer wasn’t working or something. Guy said he would email the work order to me tonight but he said they replaced a relay. I’ll update when I see the paperwork. 

Edited by WontStart

I picked up my truck. Got their once service closed so didn’t get a chance to speak to the advisor. Receipt says reprogram ecm that was released on 10/04/21 and perform setup. One thing i noticed right away was the truck cranks for longer now. It makes you feel like your going to have an extended crank but starts up.

Happened again on Sunday morning - key fob start, cold, sitting all night.  

I went almost two months without any issues despite still not going to the dealer (waiting for the fix or first oil change, whichever comes first).  I really hope those with the new ECM update report back with any available information.