3.0 Duramax cranks but won’t start

10 hours ago, Barrett10 said:

It makes no difference if you use the remote or the push button. There is no pattern at all. I man getting reimbursed for my full amount within two days. The truck is still in the shop, they put the motor back together with the new shim and reluctor wheel, and now it just turns over and won’t start. They’re having a GM engineer come look at it again. Thank goodness that’s not my truck anymore.

So if you're deucing out, why are you still here rambling?

It's a pattern. Go troll somewhere else.

I'm not sure how the remote works, possibly something along the lines in the software not triggering ignition. I'm trying to be progressive because unlike you, I love my pickup and want them to fix it. So unless you're going to be productive, stop commenting?

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but we don't know yet, and you sure as heck don't know either.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Claxy515 said:

I'm not sure how the remote works, possibly something along the lines in the software not triggering ignition. I'm trying to be progressive because unlike you, I love my pickup and want them to fix it. So unless you're going to be productive, stop commenting?

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but we don't know yet, and you sure as heck don't know either.

Wow, just offering an opinion…had it happen several times… sorry if you took it wrong.  

Just now, Barrett10 said:

Wow, just offering an opinion…had it happen several times… sorry if you took it wrong.  

Go back and look at the pictures I posted with my front end completely tore off camshafts open, everything on the ground and then tell me if you still want that truck.  Again, didn’t mean to upset you.

58 minutes ago, Claxy515 said:

You can click your heels three times and wish this problem away but it’s got nothing to do with remotes or foot on brake pedal pressure, how much of a hurry your in and button pushing. I’m over 12 incidents of this problem in 7,000 miles , and GM has no clue what they are doing!

11 hours ago, ColoradoCub said:

You can click your heels three times and wish this problem away but it’s got nothing to do with remotes or foot on brake pedal pressure, how much of a hurry your in and button pushing. I’m over 12 incidents of this problem in 7,000 miles , and GM has no clue what they are doing!

I think GM, by now, knows exactly the cause or causes of long starts.  IMHO, their problem is finding a solution that does not involve a major recall of thousands of trucks.  As I have mentioned, it could be substandard chips in the ECU.   Replacing 20k or so ECU means they sell 20k fewer trucks since chips are limiting production.   Why did they stop sales of 3.0's?  Perhaps the long crank problem is at least part of that decision.  They also figure that their gas trucks will garner any lost 3,0 sales.   

I do like my truck and do not want to sell it back to GM, but I'm getting a little annoyed at the lack of progress from GM on a significant number of defective trucks.   I do not want to keep a truck that a dealer has taken completely apart and fully support those who have enacted the lemon laws to get their money back.

1 hour ago, Gruggas said:

Yeah I know… Very disappointing 

Today’s the day I’ve been waiting for, got my official re-purchase offer letter from GM. Paying back every penny, like I never owned it… It’s really too bad Truck was awesome, carbon pro edition, had everything except the one small thing it wouldn’t start. Ha ha

• Haha 1

Hi there, so I am in a market for 2021 Suburban/Yukon XL and was considering the new 3.0L diesel engine that was introduced to Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade starting 2021. However, it is now on hold, and you cant order 2022. I came across few 2021 that I can get, but after reading this thread, not sure if I should opt out for gas engine. Has anyone here with Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade had this "crank wont start" issue? or is it mostly on pick-up trucks?

Thank you!!!

38 minutes ago, yukon-xl said:

Hi there, so I am in a market for 2021 Suburban/Yukon XL and was considering the new 3.0L diesel engine that was introduced to Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade starting 2021. However, it is now on hold, and you cant order 2022. I came across few 2021 that I can get, but after reading this thread, not sure if I should opt out for gas engine. Has anyone here with Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade had this "crank wont start" issue? or is it mostly on pick-up trucks?

Thank you!!!

I would not but a 3.0 on any vehicle at this point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yukon-xl said:

Thank you!!!

I like my 3.0 GMC 4wd truck.  It gets great fuel mileage in normal rural driving.  It is averaging around 25 mpg.  It also tows my RV better than my old 5.3 Silverado or my 5.4 Expedition.   The 10 speed transmission is very smooth.   I have had one long start episode.   Unless you have to have a new SUV today, I would wait and get one next spring.   GM will eventually fix this problem, but right now they seem to be selling their gas trucks as fast as they can build them.   They do not seem to see the hiatus in 3.0 productions a serious problem- in my opinion.  My guess is the number of truck really seriously impacted with these long starts is a modest number.   Albeit, it is a big issues with those of us involved.   Discounts and Incentives do not seem to be what you would expect at a model year end either which is perhaps another reason to wait and get a 2022.

A little update. I had originally dropped off my truck to get the shim installed atleast thats what the service advisor stated. While my truck was at the dealership, a rep from GM called me and said they wanted to get the GM tac team involved.  I said ok and let them know what dealership its at. While on the phone I let the lady know I hired an attorney. She said oh then she will have legal call me and the call ended. I went to pickup my truck a couple days later and they said they couldnt get it replicated. The advisor stated she opened a case with GM tac team and they said they cant do anything if it doesn’t happen while in their position. even though I have multiple videos.  So they did nothing and returned the vehicle to me. 2 days later I had the long crank issue again after using the key fob. I also recorded it with a timestamp. So I will be giving the dealership a call again this week.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:33 PM, yukon-xl said:

Thank you!!!

It's happening to trucks and SUVs, anything with this engine, mostly 2021 models.