2019 Trail Boss LT | Tire Recommendations

Evening.  I have the stock Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT275/65R tires on my 2019 LT Trail Boss and have about 41,000 miles on the vehicle.  These tires when going slow speeds (under 50) are noisy as hell, but are OK when going interstate speeds of 70+.  A few questions, at approximately how many miles do you generally replace the tires and does anyone have any recommendations on a tire that is more quiet?  I love the look of the Goodyear Wrangler's and I have seen a few Trail Boss's where someone has replaced the tires (most likely because they hated the loud noise) with something a lot less aggressive, but they looked like crap.   So in summary looking for something that looks as good, but a bit more quiet.  Thanks in advance for the insight.

Edited by lord.kinbote

As you can see in the attached pic, Goodyear rates the Duratracs for 50,000 miles. The lower the tread the noisier they get.

If you want to look at your options, I recommend going to www.tirerack.com and look at tires based on your truck. c17b26e145af2692e16eabbec0c72930.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All the aggressive tread AT/MT type tires are going to make noise. Just no way around it. If you can live with a less aggressive tread tire that offers great all weather traction, excellent handling, and a smooth and quiet ride, try the Michelin Defender LTX M/S.

IMG_20210313_163255697.jpg

Edited by Diamond817
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lord.kinbote said:

Evening.  I have the stock Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT275/65R tires on my 2019 LT Trail Boss and have about 41,000 miles on the vehicle.  These tires when going slow speeds (under 50) are noisy as hell, but are OK when going interstate speeds of 70+.  A few questions, at approximately how many miles do you generally replace the tires and does anyone have any recommendations on a tire that is more quiet?  I love the look of the Goodyear Wrangler's and I have seen a few Trail Boss's where someone has replaced the tires (most likely because they hated the loud noise) with something a lot less aggressive, but they looked like crap.   So in summary looking for something that looks as good, but a bit more quiet.  Thanks in advance for the insight.

Falken Wildpeak AT3W, simply a great tire.  Check this site and others for many reviews on them.

• Like 1

If you're buying for looks that match your current tire AT tires. If you want a quieter ride M/S. The Defenders, as diamond817 mentioned are a great tire IMO.

2 days ago we woke up to 10 inches of snow. We live rural in the mountains of Colorado. 3 miles of unplowed dirt road that is hilly with steep grades to get to the highway. The Defenders handled it easily. 

I'm understanding the issue some are complaining about regarding noisy tires. I'm Chevrolet experiencing that, too. However, I think it might be an issue with road surface, and not so much the tires. I could be wrong. A few days ago I was in San Diego. I never heard my tires. Over the weekend I drove to Salt Lake City. It's been cold, and I'm hearing the tires a lot more. This week I'll pay attention to determine if temperature is an issue. It was in the 30s yesterday. Will be 70s by Friday. I also wonder if altitude may be an issue. Not just in regards to air density, but also how air density affects the building of roads/chemical composition of the materials used, and the porosity of the surface. Just a thought that I'm thinking out loud. I don't know anything, but would love to learn from anybody who does know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 3/24/2021 at 3:20 PM, Raymond378 said:

i switched to Continental Terrain Contact A/T tires and like them a lot. They are not overly aggressive, but enough and have a quiet ride.

I'll second this recommendation.  Put them on my 2016 Sierra Denali.  So much better than stock tires and they look good as well.  I've put 7k miles on these in rain, winter, towing, some off road and couldn't be happier.

On 3/24/2021 at 1:13 PM, thundar56007 said:

I went with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers , aggressive side wall and nice and quiet. 

Good recommendation. I can't believe all these guys saying they'd put all seasons like the Continental or Michelin Defenders on a trail boss, they would look ridiculous, sort of like the midnight edition tires Chevy offers, ughhh

Edited by Er1cB

A 3rd recommendation for the Continental AT's.  I've got 17,000 on mine and they have lots of tread left, are still quiet, and provide decent off-road capability.  I have run KO's and Cooper's and the Continental's are much quieter, and seem to have the same grip in the dirt/rocks.  Not so much in the mud though....