Anyone tried the Pulsar LT on new TrailBoss?

https://www.americantrucks.com/superchips-silverado1500-pulsar-lt-inline-control-module-22451.html

Their claim:

Features:

• Improves Horsepower, Torque, and Performance
  • With Speedometer Correction for Tire Size and Gear Ratio Changes
  • Dynamic Fuel Management Control
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System Adjustments
  • Multiple Throttle Sensitivity Levels
  • Made in the USA
  • Designed for All 2019-2021 V8 Silverado 1500 Models

It seems like it is a tuner, without actually writing to the ECM?  So I guess they took the Range device, and added more functionality to it?

With the ability to disable Auto Stop & DFM, on top of Throttle Sensitivity adjustment, without writing to the ECM, I'd prefer this over the Range OBD devices. You just get more for your money with the Pulsar LT. The install is fairly simple and you can make adjustments very easily from your cruise control switches on the steering wheel.

Here's a vid on the Throttle Sensitivity adjustment.

Adjust your throttle response - Pulsar LT

Edited by Sublym808_RST

Mine has been on since friday. TB with the 6.2 and the GM performance package.

I changed the tire size from 32" to 33".

Turned off DFM. Still got almost 18mpg on a 300 mile interstate and light city driving trip in the upper 70mph range.

Turned off Auto Stop. 

Set the top speed to 120. (I don't need to go that fast but I don't like falling on my face at 98mph)

Adjusted the throttle sensitivity to one notch above stock. (Didn't think I would need it but it seems to be perfect)

Overall I think I like it. Yes it's a tad pricy but for what I was able to do I can live with it. 

Cool.  I just saw the claim of "increased power and torque" and thought maybe it adjusted the tune... only to find out that what it really means is "more power and torque for less push of the gas pedal"...  lol

In the end it seems like it's just a range box with a pedal commander built in... I already have a Range, so I can't justify roughly $500 just for the throttle adjustment... I can just push the gas pedal more and get the same response.

The Pulsar seems to be my only option to disable DFM, really wish they were able to come out with the regular Range device for $200. I would buy one yesterday.

Edited by Unique_NY

I have been checking Range's site regularly to see if there is any update on the 6.2L/10Spd release and just came across the Pulsar LT tonight. For the 6.2L/10spd, it's the only available option at the moment. Yes, it's a bit on the pricey side, however I do like the ability to adjust top speed and tire size (getting bigger ones in May) in addition to permanently turning off Auto Start/Stop and DFM. Ever since replacing the stock exhaust with the Borla S-Type system, the DFM mode sound drives me nuts. It's so much more pronounced whereas stock I could never tell it was even happening. That function alone is almost worth the price for me.

I'll likely purchase one soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mstorm18 said:

Ever since replacing the stock exhaust with the Borla S-Type system, the DFM mode sound drives me nuts. It's so much more pronounced whereas stock I could never tell it was even happening. That function alone is almost worth the price for me.

Do you get a rumble when slowing to a stop between 10-15mph? Almost like a backpressure issue? I have the Touring and when coming to a stop I get a rumbling downshift or something that isn't pleasant because in addition to the rumble, it squeaks/squeals a little bit too. When taking it to L9 I don't get that so I'm pretty sure its the DFM. I don't get other odd exhaust sounds when in L9 at any RPM for that matter.

7 hours ago, Unique_NY said:

Do you get a rumble when slowing to a stop between 10-15mph? Almost like a backpressure issue? I have the Touring and when coming to a stop I get a rumbling downshift or something that isn't pleasant because in addition to the rumble, it squeaks/squeals a little bit too. When taking it to L9 I don't get that so I'm pretty sure its the DFM. I don't get other odd exhaust sounds when in L9 at any RPM for that matter.

Not that I've noticed, no. Coasting to a stop downshifts on it's own and sounds good. I do get the popping every once in a while, almost sounds like small backfire, but I think once the DFM is disabled that might go away...least hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you with the Pulsar, did you mount the device to the top of the airbox as instructions state or somewhere else?  It seems to me the better place would be on the vertical support in the cavity behind the headlight.  Also, does the OEM harness plug just kind of hang loosely under the Pulsar one once it replaces the OEM plug on the side of the airbox?