2019 LT Trailboss vs 2021 LT Trailboss

So I've recently joined the club of leaking rear windows on my 2019 Trailboss LT. I'm at 35600 miles as of today and will be dropping my truck off on Tuesday to start the grueling process of re-sealing...window replacement...repeat. I've read the lengthy post on the leaking rear window and realize this issue will never fully go away. My concern is that I'm almost out of my warranty and will likely only get the re-sealing step of the TSB completed before I'm over the miles. Thus, I would be paying for the eventual window replacement out of my own pocket. My truck is still in great condition other than a lot of miles and some water marks on the headliner from the window leak (no mildew smell). I absolutely love everything else about the truck. My thought is to trade in my current truck for the 2021 version of my exact truck. I know the leak is still an issue but doesn't seem nearly as prevalent as it is in the 2019's... I'm open to any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations. Hoping for some guidance please!

2019Trailboss.jpg

Edited by mj715
caps

I think you could make the switch work out pretty well in your favor. Trade-in values are great but of course the downside is that inventory is pretty tight.

You’ll get the 10 speed instead of the 8 which in itself is a great upgrade. As far as the window...the 2021 has at least less of a chance to leak. You see the thread and know there aren’t any guarantees, even for a 2021. But the odds are better than with a 19.

I’d prob just have a solid window installed by a reputable glass shop on your 19.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This.... why would you buy another that'll more than likely have the same issue?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, mj715 said:

So I've recently joined the club of leaking rear windows on my 2019 Trailboss LT. I'm at 35600 miles as of today and will be dropping my truck off on Tuesday to start the grueling process of re-sealing...window replacement...repeat. I've read the lengthy post on the leaking rear window and realize this issue will never fully go away. My concern is that I'm almost out of my warranty and will likely only get the re-sealing step of the TSB completed before I'm over the miles. Thus, I would be paying for the eventual window replacement out of my own pocket. My truck is still in great condition other than a lot of miles and some water marks on the headliner from the window leak (no mildew smell). I absolutely love everything else about the truck. My thought is to trade in my current truck for the 2021 version of my exact truck. I know the leak is still an issue but doesn't seem nearly as prevalent as it is in the 2019's... I'm open to any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations. Hoping for some guidance please!

2019Trailboss.jpg

Unless you find a killer trade in deal with the inventory levels being short keep what you have. Just put a solid window in and forget about the leak altogether. You seem happy with the truck otherwise. 

I've never understood why people buy a truck to replace a window. I buy a truck to replace a truck. Is the truck broken? If not, don't replace it. If the window doesn't work, fix it. K.I.S.S.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just saying, people today are getting back what they paid for their trucks two years earlier. If the numbers work, getting one that’s newer with no miles, a ten speed, and a full warranty...less likely to leak...worth looking into. Personally, I would trust my 19 out of warranty about as far as I could push it.