Cleaning factory interlocking mats?

ero2

Actually, there are a lot of helpful videos on youtube on this topic. The first time I cleaned my mats, I used the advice I heard in those videos. And it worked. But once, I was so crazy that I decided to give those mats a proper pressure wash so I could see my own reflection in them. Luckily my friend from https://sparklewash.com/ knew how to do it to not to tear apart my mates. And, actually, it worked great for me. So, sometimes pressure washing can really be an option. Anyway, keep us updated. Stay tuned. Good luck

Edited by KolorOyi

I take mine out and wash them when I wash the truck (hose, soapy brush, rinse).  Getting them in or out is a bit of a pain, but never seemed too bad.  If they’re not too dirty, which is often the case, I just wipe them down with a rag.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:26 AM, KolorOyi said:

Actually, there are a lot of helpful videos on youtube on this topic. The first time I cleaned my mats, I used the advice I heard in those videos. And it worked.

Thanks for the links to the videos!  

Just did mine this weekend. If they're really dirty, I'll take them out power wash them. It's not difficult to get them out or to put them back in, at all.

They weren't very dirty this time so I sprayed with a cleaner, wiped them with a rag, scrubbed a few spots with a soft bristle brush. After that I spray them with a dressing and wipe it down with a rag to restore the brand new look.

Yes. Take them out. Spray a little degreaser on them. Let sit for 30-45 seconds.  Take a bristle brush to them. Go to town in them.  Spray excess off, let air dry or wipe off. All done. Very easy.  Have done it so many times detailing its exhausting. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

Have done it so many times detailing its exhausting.

100% agree with that statement. Especially when it's 100+° outside. Did the interior Saturday... I'll get the exterior later one day this week in the evening, when the sun is low enough for my driveway to be in the shade from the house and it's cooled down to 98°. 🥵

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2022 at 11:13 AM, bdallas said:

100% agree with that statement. Especially when it's 100+° outside. Did the interior Saturday... I'll get the exterior later one day this week in the evening, when the sun is low enough for my driveway to be in the shade from the house and it's cooled down to 98°. 🥵

Detailing is a job in itself, to some it rarely happens, for me it's a weekly ritual.

• Like 1