DRL headlight turning blue

Bumping this up…

Has anyone had theirs replaced and it not turn blue again?  Was hoping to wait ‘til this was resolved before taking in my truck (‘21 AT4 built in June) to have my driver’s side replaced.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 12:42 PM, RCF71 said:

Bumping this up…

Has anyone had theirs replaced and it not turn blue again?  Was hoping to wait ‘til this was resolved before taking in my truck (‘21 AT4 built in June) to have my driver’s side replaced.

Don’t waste your time. I haven’t heard one single person confirm that theirs being replaced even lasted longer than a couple weeks. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 2021 Sierra X31 said:

Don’t waste your time. I haven’t heard one single person confirm that theirs being replaced even lasted longer than a couple weeks. 

I would keep taking it back is my opinion. Why would we let them off the hook ? You sell something , you stand by your work. 

1 hour ago, dennismc said:

My problem is its intermittent, sometimes light blue other times normal.   

My Dealer is very good with pics and videos if i mentioned something and they cant find it . Just a thought 

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer claimed they had a fix, without replacing it.  Skeptical.  I haven't done my first service yet, so I'll give them one chance.

The again, maybe it is some weird grounding issue or something like that.

8 hours ago, PClancey said:

Dealer claimed they had a fix, without replacing it.  Skeptical.  I haven't done my first service yet, so I'll give them one chance.

That’s actually promising if they think they have a fix without replacing it. I’ve suspected for a while that it’s probably not related to the actual light unit. Almost always the drivers side light, and when replaced with brand new headlight unit, it turns purple within a week or 2. 

Keep us posted as I will be taking mine back and explaining what they did to fix yours, assuming they actually know what the problem is. 

18 hours ago, dennismc said:

My guess is its a voltage/amperage feed problem because its only blue intermittently when in DLR mode and goes away completely when the headlights are on, and only on the drivers side, at least on my truck.  

That’s a good point. I noticed the other day when I remote started my truck, it turns on the DRLs at the same light level as when the headlights are on. I also noticed that my drivers side was not purple at all. Once I actually pressed the start button and the truck was fully up

and running, the DRLs switched to full power and then my drivers side turned purple. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2022 at 12:31 AM, PClancey said:

Any update? Did they get it fixed without replacing it? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My 19 was fixed a few months back and so far so good. 

One of our 2020 Sierras in our farm has the blue light as well. No big deal for a work truck but we will have it looked at at oil change time. I wish i knew what was causing this , small issue i guess