DRL headlight turning blue

2 hours ago, Amcguy1970 said:

These posts always crack me up, 3 people here have it, 3... A few people with the issue or a small handful all of a sudden it is labeled as common issue that almost every truck has when it is probably a 0.000X% of people that actually have had the issue. Lets not make it something it isn't, people did that with the AFM failures and valve coking to name a few; made it out to be some common issue when very few even on the forums had it where most people go just to complain.

Tyler

I would disagree with you. I’ve noticed dozens of GMCs with this same issue in the smallish town I live in. I’m not making the claim due to 3 people on this forum and I’m not labeling it that every truck has this issue. Obviously it’s a somewhat small percentage of overall trucks on the road, but it’s still a prevalent issue. 

Yep , a couple of our work truck sierras had them.  Made Appt and GM just replaced the headlights. ( both are 20 MY) while my 2019 Sierra does not have the BLUE .  Interesting now as i drive around town , I will see a couple here and there with the Blue. 

I would think its a simple issue but when your replacing headlight housings , there is something else going on. 

On 7/13/2021 at 10:12 AM, Amcguy1970 said:

These posts always crack me up, 3 people here have it, 3... A few people with the issue or a small handful all of a sudden it is labeled as common issue that almost every truck has when it is probably a 0.000X% of people that actually have had the issue. Lets not make it something it isn't, people did that with the AFM failures and valve coking to name a few; made it out to be some common issue when very few even on the forums had it where most people go just to 

Yes hilarious. 🙄

I have a 21' sierra 1500 denali 3.0 w) same issue on driver side top drl is purple-ish. 

Make that 5 people. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dasimmon said:

Finally got time to take to the dealer and was replaced without question. Glad to finally have it done. Was driving my ocd off the wall haha

Does the new one match up color wise to the old light? Not to get you all paranoid or anything hahaha 

Is the LED's bulbs going bad somehow ? Never seen them going from white to blue .

Maybe someone with Light/electric knowledge can chime in . ( Yes I know its not a big deal , but same time the OCD in me says get it fixed ) 

On 7/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, 2021 Sierra X31 said:

Does the new one match up color wise to the old light? Not to get you all paranoid or anything hahaha 

haha yes sir it does. I was worried about the same thing initially

37 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

So.. interesting twist of fate... got the drivers side headlamp assembly replaced... its already starting to turn blue LOL 

Wow... there is something deeper going on here... why is it that mostly it’s the drivers side going bad? And so quickly. Seems they are faulty/failing straight from factory. 

19 hours ago, 2021 Sierra X31 said:

Wow... there is something deeper going on here... why is it that mostly it’s the drivers side going bad? And so quickly. Seems they are faulty/failing straight from factory. 

I'm guessing large (YUUUGE) bad batch of these I'll try to get the date code off of this one, our truck was built in Oct '20 though so thats a hell of a gap if this is fresh-ish stock from GM. 

On 4/28/2021 at 2:13 PM, 1badc5 said:

There are a lot of post about the DRL turning blue on FB groups. I didn't see any post on the forum so thought I would start one so everyone could share if they are having same problem.

I have 2020 AT4 with 22K miles. Just had dealer replace both headlights because of them turning blue.

front headlight.jpg

front headlight 2.jpg