Oil consumption 2.7 Turbo

It would be helpful to know some more specifics, such as mileage on your truck and how much oil consumption you're referring to as being excessive (quart per thousand miles of driving for example), plus any additional background info that may or may not be relevant such as this has been an issue since owning the truck, or maybe has become an issue only recently after an oil change, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Smokinit said:

Well yes yes I am maybe I should have worded it  I am having excessive oil usage is anyone else but I figured you could have derived  that from how I worded it. 

From how you worded it you 'figured' a guy you don't know, "I" should know, what  you mean? Okay.

14 hours ago, Smokinit said:

Anyone having excessive oil consumption on there 2.7 Turbo motor. 

Anyone experiencing excessive oil consumption with their 2.7 Turbo motor?

Do you see the problem? No? It's your first post on a new forum and as such you have no way of knowing that we get trolls all the time. Some indicators are...? Grammar, assumptions, improper word usage, punctuation, and one line questions that lack any point of reference. Understand? Troll? Spammer? Bot? These guys ask, as you did, start a fight an disappear giggling. My question did it's job. Invoke a response. Your welcome. 😉 

52 minutes ago, Anacortes Army Guy said:

It would be helpful to know some more specifics, such as mileage on your truck and how much oil consumption you're referring to as being excessive (quart per thousand miles of driving for example), plus any additional background info that may or may not be relevant such as this has been an issue since owning the truck, or maybe has become an issue only recently after an oil change, etc.

Here's a reasonable request. If you answer Mark's request perhaps you will get the help you are seeking. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/30/2021 at 5:31 PM, Smokinit said:

On this latest tested interval I saw 1 qt of oil consumption.  Its never used a drop before or since.  

image.png.cb9c9fc0b2df82e4f2c4d8cbe3e24754.png

oil analysis always by

ISO CERTIFIED OIL ANALYSIS

Nick Mikitka

Independent AMSOIL Dealer
Synthetic Advantage LLC

Phone: 910-290-2371

Edited by customboss
source of oil analysis shared for a site sponsor.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brad Petrey said:

Yes I have 2022LTD and at 5000 miles when I change it’s always 2 quarts or more low I’m told it’s within specs but I say bullshit 27,000 miles on a truck and it uses that much oil

If its using 2 qts in 5000 miles something is leaking or messed up for sure.  

28 minutes ago, customboss said:

If its using 2 qts in 5000 miles something is leaking or messed up for sure.  

I agree if its 2 qts in 5k miles.  I would crawl under the truck and start looking for oil leaks.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I understood Brad was 2 quarts+ low on oil when he would change his oil. Thus why I said he's running 2 quarts low which Grumpy thought was funny. 

Crawl under it and look for oil leaks, sounds like he won't raise the hood to check the oil so I think crawling under it is a pipe dream.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 7:31 PM, Smokinit said:

I’m losing the same about two quarts between changes. Truck is currently at dealership as reduced engine power comes on and stays on. No leaks whatsoever. Truck is 2020 Silverado Lt with turbo 4 44,950 miles. This has happened three times now and finally decided to take to dealership. No word from them yet. They did say I was two quarts low and it’s the not been 4K miles since last changed.