GM's factory lift kit part numbers, RST, Z71 etc...

On 6/13/2021 at 12:31 AM, pokismoki said:

just wondering what are GM's numbers for front and rear lift parts, I see the RST sits about 3" higher than a LT 1500, what else is different

On 6/13/2021 at 11:01 AM, pokismoki said:

i have stock 2WD with Gov lock ,2016 LT truck, looking to do some gold prospecting and exploring here in California and AZ , so I travel lots of dirt roads, I'm scraping a lot in the ruts and need a 2-3" lift, but dont want to change my stock wheel tire combo

i noticed several new 2020 rst trucks sit much higher than mine and wonder if GM has done a lift on these vs My LT truck?

i do like the front camera option, as i can never see where i'm going when i round the top of a hill for decent..

1 hour ago, pokismoki said:

i hit a nerve

I don't think you hit a nerve.

It seems to me from reading all of it that you walked into a lack of understanding as to why a T1 truck sits higher than your 2016 LT 2wd.  

Both trucks are nothing alike.  T1 is taller, longer, wider the frame sits a touch higher off the ground, etc.  Its apples to oranges.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pokismoki said:

i hit a nerve

Sure you did, your own.

You came in here with a complete misunderstanding of what you were even asking and then got defensive with some silly "pop off" remark that had nothing at all to do with your original question.  The comment made absolutely no sense to the topic at hand which meant you probably felt some insecurity about something and instantly went into "Defend and Justify" territory about your 2016 truck.   A nerve was definitely hit, but it was yours, and nobody knows why but you.  

I'm glad you enjoy your 2016, hopefully as much as we enjoy our T1's, and I also hope it serves you well.  In the end maybe you will learn more about it than what you currently know.  Good Luck.

Edited by Gangly
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pokismoki said:

i hit a nerve

Don't take credit for my accomplishments.  Clearly, I'm the one that hit your nerve.  All I did was speak truthfully.  You wanted the truth, but couldn't handle it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sounds like your asking if a 2021 GM lift will fit your truck it wont, the back probably will but front probably wouldnt.........you can just buy same type of lift thru eibach, fox, bilstein to fit your truck......problem solved

they are basic strut lifts with block in the back.....nothing special

• Like 1

sounds like your asking if a 2021 GM lift will fit your truck it wont, the back probably will but front probably wouldnt.........you can just buy same type of lift thru eibach, fox, bilstein to fit your truck......problem solved

13 minutes ago, Dunn said:

cool just what i wanted to hear... thanks

3 hours ago, pokismoki said:

cool just what i wanted to hear... thanks

Lol.  That's, verbatim, exactly what I said in post #7 before you got your feelings hurt.

Egg is on your face now.  I think you owe everybody an apology.  I won't wait around to see it happen.  I doubt you'll do it.

Btw, I don't think the rear blocks, U-bolts, etc will work on the older trucks.  The T1xx frame is wider. 

Edited by Transient