2021 Silverado Humming noise when AC is on

Hello all, just signed up for the forum tonight, I have  a 2021 Silverado LT with 2596 miles just got it last May.

There seems to be a high pitch/humming noise only when the AC is on. To best describe it it sounds the same as a power steering pump when it’s low on fluid. The noise increases a  bit when i hit the gas.

it goes away if I turn the AC off.

turning the steering wheel has no effect on this whatsoever. The noise can only be heard when parked and the blower being on a low speed.

anyone have suggestions other than taming it to the dealership? It’s a brand new truck I hate the dealership game, as most people I’m constantly busy with work,kids, maybe a little more as I manage a hotel, this is part of the reason why I bought a new truck so I wouldn’t have to deal with repairs or at least as many, and definitely not that soon!

By the way my past truck was a 2010 FORD F-150. R.I.P timing chain broke and even after a rebuid still sounded like crap and whole truck was shaking. Had 230K on the clock. 🤨

Edited by Nestor
Misspellings

• 2 months later...

Did anyone find the cause to this? I recently purchased a GMC Elevation  2021 and it’s doing the same thing, I tooled it in but dealership won’t check compressor unless it’s damage or needed to be replaced, at this point I’m so frustrated.

45 minutes ago, Mari said:

Did anyone find the cause to this? I recently purchased a GMC Elevation  2021 and it’s doing the same thing, I tooled it in but dealership won’t check compressor unless it’s damage or needed to be replaced, at this point I’m so frustrated.

Mari,

I placed a few squares of insulation on the fire wall. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0751CBXBT/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=3f397b14dd676b9d0492ac2b7cbe5917&hsa_cr_id=8733004290301&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_scm_asin_0_img&pd_rd_w=SpLRf&pf_rd_p=22aaccd3-32f1-4e8a-8b82-495782857be5&pd_rd_wg=1BphF&pf_rd_r=CS4XH8RM6EA87M1TZ3W8&pd_rd_r=b02b0101-c993-4980-8b9b-40145246d88e

that reduced the noise by about 50% 

the other 50% you kind of get used to it.

it seems to be more noticeable during hot days (TX 100+F)and hot start ups

it seems to me that this is a design flaw and the compressor itself it’s too loud.

I will not waste my time at the stealership.

very disappointing, I still have second thoughts about a 2021 F150.

• 7 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 4:24 PM, Mari said:

Did you find a solution for this? Did the noise improve or got worse)

On 6/27/2021 at 6:27 PM, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

My 2021 GMC 1500 At4 does the same thing. A few other guys i know with same truck has the same sound. Ill have the dealer look at it whenever its in for the first service or warranty issue.....but its probably nornal.

Did your noise improve or got worse?