MagneRide reliability

11 hours ago, whistleblower said:

In full disclosure, I'm looking at a 2020 Yukon XL.  I posted in this forum as it appears to be much more active than the Yukon / Suburban forum and I was hoping to get a handful of responses from owners with 2013-2016ish trucks who might give me a sprinkle of hope that this suspension isn't just expensive trash. 

An important fact omitted from 1st post......

• Like 2

I know that my fronts were replace at 56K last January on my '16 because I did them.  The rears are original best I can tell and currently at 60300 mi.

Edited by jrabenaldt

• 6 months later...

I just bought a 2015 sierra denali and unknown to me it has different shocks from the magneride. Seems like basic model shocks and causes my suspension light to come on. I would like to know if you ever found out about these as I am about to replace them and wanted to know if I should go rancho, fox, or get the factory magneride put back on. I don't wanna waste money on so etching for 50k miles I wanna put that much money to a quality product.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:14 AM, 2015sierradenali said:

I just bought a 2015 sierra denali and unknown to me it has different shocks from the magneride. Seems like basic model shocks and causes my suspension light to come on. I would like to know if you ever found out about these as I am about to replace them and wanted to know if I should go rancho, fox, or get the factory magneride put back on. I don't wanna waste money on so etching for 50k miles I wanna put that much money to a quality product.

There are magneride bypass kits if you want to run regular shocks with no diagnostic lights on. Check out Xineering

Bypass kit is like 300 bucks