Simple Tuner to disable AFM on 2014 Silverado 1500?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tuner if all I really want to do with it is disable AFM and maybe apply a very mild tune?

I currently use the Range AFM Disabler in the OBD port but I would like to not have something plugged in all the time if I could.

Was just wondering what the recommendation was for something like this since I don't plan to do anything crazy with the truck.

Bone stock except for a high flow air filter, removed 3rd cat and resonator and installed a Borla exhaust.

1 minute ago, Nbarr7655 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tuner if all I really want to do with it is disable AFM and maybe apply a very mild tune?

I currently use the Range AFM Disabler in the OBD port but I would like to not have something plugged in all the time if I could.

Was just wondering what the recommendation was for something like this since I don't plan to do anything crazy with the truck.

Bone stock except for a high flow air filter, removed 3rd cat and resonator and installed a Borla exhaust.

I used hypertec. Somewhere buried here is my write up on it. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:13 AM, KARNUT said:

I used hypertec. Somewhere buried here is my write up on it. 

I use AutoSync and BTDiesel, but, it isn't inexpensive and offers many, many mods.
However, I don't think there is a tune function available - might be, I just haven't found the need.

1 hour ago, MikeBMW said:

I use AutoSync and BTDiesel, but, it isn't inexpensive and offers many, many mods.
However, I don't think there is a tune function available - might be, I just haven't found the need.

On the 2014 there were  can tunes available with mild engine tuning. My 14 was E-85 compatible. Using that  fuel was good for additional TQ and HP. So I just raise the shift points, RPMs and took out some TM. And turn off the cylinder deactivation. Yes on our diesels there was much more HP to be found with tunes. We use banks kits on those.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SILVER SLED said:

I'm gonna put a vote in for Diablo.  But aren't most all the hand held tuners now under one parent company anyway. I think Holley

When I paid Diablo for the 2017+ ECU unlock the payment went to Holley.

The thing with Diablo you can get the custom tune for way you drive your truck.

Edited by jscottl
  • Like 1