Dealership Problems

tpettigr

I'm usually not one to complain, but it's frustrating when the dealership can't even perform basic tasks correctly. I took my 2019 Trailboss into the dealership to have four recalls fixed. I work in one end of the state and live on the other end and was debating which dealership I trusted more with my vehicle. I took a gamble and took it to the dealership in the area I work. I first called and scheduled a time to have my recalls fixed. They told me to bring it in on Monday at 1 o'clock. I took it in on Monday and while my information was in the computer, they did not have it on the schedule. I was then told that I'd have to bring it back Wednesday. I brought it back and apparently some of the recalls involved pulling the plastic trim panel inside the rear doors and the plastic panel that runs up along the rear seat on each side. When I went back to pick up my vehicle, the recalls were all fixed but when I opened my rear driver's door, it was obvious they did not replace the panels correctly. I had to line up both the plastic panel and the plastic trim at the bottom and push it into place and make sure that the rubber trim overlapped correctly. I then checked the passenger side and they had left it the same way. It's obvious I made the wrong decision on which dealership to take it to but I'm not so sure that I would have fared better at the other one. I don't think its unreasonable to expect these dealerships to take care with your vehicle and put them back together properly when you spend the amount of money that these vehicles cost and your only there to have work done because GM messed up in the first place. I've been a longtime Chevrolet owner but the quality of these 2019 and newer trucks is really disappointing and subpar service at the dealership isn't helping. Anyone else experiencing similar issues or did I just happen to find a crappy dealership?

Same thing with my 2019 RST... I went to pick it up from the warranty work and trim work was all jacked up next to the back window on both sides. Also the B-pilliars on each side had some of the airbag sticking out at the roof line. 

I was also leary about having the warranty work done right away and waited awhile to take it in. Wasn't long enough apparently.

I smiled and said nope! Get me a rental and call me when it's right which they did eventually. 

Unreal on $50k plus truck... Ugh

1 hour ago, Matty Patty said:

Same thing with my 2019 RST... I went to pick it up from the warranty work and trim work was all jacked up next to the back window on both sides. Also the B-pilliars on each side had some of the airbag sticking out at the roof line. 

I was also leary about having the warranty work done right away and waited awhile to take it in. Wasn't long enough apparently.

I smiled and said nope! Get me a rental and call me when it's right which they did eventually. 

Unreal on $50k plus truck... Ugh

I get its not their vehicle, so they could probably care less, but have a little pride in your work!

• Like 1

Sounds like maybe they delegated the job to someone less experienced such as a detail person to install trim.  A job like that is below a tech (in their minds) to do.  I know when I got my 2021 I had the GMC accessory Tonneau cover installed and they had the new car prep/detail person install it and I had to come and make them do it right.   Hopefully you will get a customer satisfaction survey. 

Edited by elcamino

I think its a combination of GM paying a smaller amount for warranty work. Then like most dealers the owner of the dealer is more worried about putting millions more in their bank account, instead of paying more and getting the best techs/ mechanics they can find. Mechanics that are good at their job and have motivation can make alot more than a dealer will pay them.

Edited by Adamace1

This is a problem across the industry. I will not take any of my vehicles to the local Chevy dealer, which I have been a customer of for nearly 25 years. They screwed up my new 2017 Silverado, twice. They messed up my wife's 2014 Impala on a simple oil change. Both bought from them. Other people I know have had bad experiences there. They were bought out a few years ago and are now owned by a multi dealer company. The local Ford dealer messed up my friends truck. 

The local power sports dealer could screw up an anvil with a rubber hammer. That is unless it's an off road vehicle. 

The dealer where I bought my 2019 Sierra is 1 1/2 hours away. So far they've been ok. But then, all I've had done there are the free oil changes. 

There’s a thread saying there’s no problem with their new truck. I’ll chime in here with my local Honda, Toyota, GMC-Hyundai and Chevy dealers have been flawless for me for many years. My local Ford dealer not so much. 

Unfortunately I'm going to see how my local Hyundai dealer performs. Our 19 CPO Santa Fe Ultimate is sitting in the garage. Won't start. We had hard starts where it would take 3-4 try's to get it started. Then it would not disengage the starter. You would try to start it, release the start button and it would keep turning over. I had to remove the negative battery cable to get it to disengage the starter. 

Call Hyundai to come get it yesterday, 8/ 03/21 at noon. We live rural in the mountains of Colorado so I wasn't expecting a great response. 4pm pick up turned into 11 pm pick up. I said no, reschedule.

Waiting this morning to hear from the tow company.

This is a CPO vehicle and I called Hyundai customer service and was told no cost to me to fix it. We'll see. Not happy like many others on forums. Purchased 02/10/2021 and have out 5K miles on it.

After talking to the tow truck driver to reschedule pick up there seems to be an issue getting it out of the garage due to the electric parking brake being on. This car automatically releases the brake when removed from park after it starts. I would think Hyundai has a solution. 

I also talked to the dealer where it's going. They are booked 3 weeks out. I was told depending on the problem and parts availability this will determine repair time. 

Oh boy, I'm really looking forward to this.