Exterior Unlock/Lock Buttons on Rear Door now Back in Silverado

Wiggums

I'm always carrying stuff from the ranch in one hand and using the other to push the button of the rear door to unlock it while the key fob is in my pocket. Mine's a 2019 Cheyenne RST, for some odd reason, Chevrolet removed the rear door buttons for 2020 and 2021 while GMC didn't on their Sierra, we have a newer American Silverado RST at the ranch that does not have the buttons on the rear door and I hated that.

I am proud to announce that the buttons are now back on the 2022 models. I was just at the dealership.

• Like 1

i had them on

2019 RST

2020 LT 2500

2021 GMC elevation

however my 2022 LT 2500 does not have them....i do miss them though not a huge deal still would be nice

Edited by Dunn

2 hours ago, redwngr said:

Double push on drivers door button will open all the locks...

Cheaper than buying a new truck.

I agree 100% with you and again i will note this is a " third world problem" as they say but its nice to walk up to back door and push/open. I know its sooooo hard to walk up to front unlock and then go to back but i was just saying its a nice luxury. Most times i have my 3 and 5 Year old in my arms and it helps! :) regardless i'm curious if the LT half tons get them again and the 2500 LT models done ? 

2 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

If you push on the front pass side it opens all the doors.  

How did you survive before 2019 when there was no exterior buttons on Silverados or Sierras?

I have no clue! lol :) please go easy one me!!! 

3 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

How did you survive before 2019 when there was no exterior buttons on Silverados or Sierras?

I wonder how we navigated without using the computer sometimes too! I remember using the Thomas Guide maps when I worked as a courier.

Once you get that convenience, you can't go back.

3 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

I would imagine their sales have tanked , sadly 

If you don't like navigation in your truck, Thomas Guide printed the last one in 2019.