12 hours ago, Pryme said:

I have a better story from my youth. I had a 1970 F250 2wd with a 460 C6 combo with a violent shift kit and the engine was bored 10 over. What an animal. This was in 1997. So it was old even then but the engine was fresh. Anyway I didn’t have a grasp on gearing or rev limits etc and was racing my friends Camaro. A 94 catfish and my old horizontal speedometer was pegged past 100 and I never let off and I heard something and when I exited off the freeway it wanted to die I kept having to give it revs to keep it running and I pulled it into the shop I worked at and the mechanics took the valve covers off and low and behold I floated a pushrod right out it was laying on the block. The most amazing thing? It wasn’t bent it didn’t look bent at all it was unreal and we put it back together and it ran fine holy heck. 

I bought a cheap little tach after that. 

I loved that truck. Key was on the left. Crazy torque 

I love it!!  The things we did back in the day!!  My dad was State Patrol, so it was hard to get away with anything in our little small town.  There was only one golden rule he had....he said, everyone speeds, I don't care about that.  But if you ever drink and drive and I find out, I will arrest you, take you to jail and have them throw away the key....he said boy, they will have to pump sunlight into to your cell...... so....you know what I didn't do.....yup, no drinking and driving.... 😀  He was a very fair man and great dad, no reason to break that golden rule of his.  I still don't to this day!

• Like 2

But here's where he used to just shake his head at me.  Have any of you seen the movie Eat my dust with Ron Howard?  It was quite similar to my life growing up.  It was considered a professional courtesy to not give another cops family a ticket for most anything back in the day.  And I wore that professional courtesy out....lol... I used to keep a paper on my sun visor to mark how many times I had been stopped.  No joke... I finally got an actual ticket on my 18th birthday of which marked the 18th time I had been pulled over.  My mother went ballistic on me.  Dear old dad didn't say much.  Just shook his head and didn't say much.  Funny thing is the trooper that gave me ticket, that I did deserve asked me if I wanted to go riding with him that Friday night....lol....it cost me 25 bucks and an ass chewing from the judge but we all stayed friends.  True story....being the son of a state cop sucked growing up, being beaten up by those bigger guys that were like, your dad stopped my dad, pow....right in the kisser....yeah I had to learn to be a scrapper early on.  But it was fun as hell aside from that.  They all wanted me to become a trooper too.  I knew I didn't have that tolerance for BS they have to put up with, but it was fun as hell riding with them all on the weekends.  The stories I have are amazing!

• Like 1