I'll have to ck deeper into the quick valves, when I did ck nobody made one for the silly quick release drain plug on the 2.7.

First oil change I did cold and with the fill cap on...still a gusher.

Maybe I'll try a bucket to drain in next time.

3 hours ago, Acpantera said:

I'll have to ck deeper into the quick valves, when I did ck nobody made one for the silly quick release drain plug on the 2.7.

First oil change I did cold and with the fill cap on...still a gusher.

Maybe I'll try a bucket to drain in next time.

I haven't seen the drain on this motor. Are you saying it isn't a threaded plug? :nonod:

10 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I haven't seen the drain on this motor. Are you saying it isn't a threaded plug? :nonod:

Correct,  plastic plug that you use the 3/8 square drive to remove. Much like the fill cap with out the molded handle, and nearly as big in diameter. I like the concept,  but it's very large and the oil splashes all over.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, shakenfake said:

You can always go the German route and use a vacuum pump to suck it out.

Yeah, I have a good extractor too, but I like to get all the juice out, usually let mine drain/ drip for 15min at jus the right angle, RF just a tad higher than the other 3 corners.

I used a large 16 qt plastic oil drain pan and it captured most of the splash but like a VW GTI it spews for sure.  I am picky about allowing to drain the crankcase as much as possible too.  

The plug is a 90 degree locking plastic piece like the oil pan bottom. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, Acpantera said:

Correct,  plastic plug that you use the 3/8 square drive to remove. Much like the fill cap with out the molded handle, and nearly as big in diameter. I like the concept,  but it's very large and the oil splashes all over.

You have any friends in the machine shop business? Have it cloned. It's center fit for a larger thread. An adaptor if you read me. Then for the quick valve of your choice. 

13 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

You have any friends in the machine shop business? Have it cloned. It's center fit for a larger thread. An adaptor if you read me. Then for the quick valve of your choice. 

That's a creative thought, thanks. If my next plan of attack doesn't work out, I'll pursue that.

Winter is coming on strong now, so March should be my next oil change.

Going to use a taller pale next time to try and contain the splash down.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...