Parking assist gone on refreshed models

Looks like parking assist is being eliminated from the 2022 refresh trucks.

Exterior section-added (00Y) Not Equipped with Rear Park Assist, see dealer for details, it is "A" available on
1WT, 1LT, 1SP, 2LT and 3LT. Added a footnote 1 on 1WT that reads "Certain vehicles equipped with (PQA)
WT Safety Package may be forced to include (00Y) Not Equipped with Rear Park Assist, which removes Rear
Park Assist. See the window label for the features on a specific vehicle.". Added a footnote 2 on 1LT, 1SP and
2LT that reads "Certain vehicles equipped with (PQB) Safety Package may be forced to include (00Y) Not
Equipped with Rear Park Assist, which removes Rear Park Assist. See the window label for the features on a
specific vehicle.". Added a footnote 3 on 3LT that reads "Certain vehicles may be forced to include (00Y) Not
Equipped with Rear Park Assist, which removes Rear Park Assist. See the window label for the features on a
specific vehicle.".
• Exterior section-added (00Z) Not Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist, see dealer for details, it is "A"
available on 1LZ and 3LZ with a footnote that reads "Certain vehicles may be forced to include (00Z) Not
Equipped with Front and Rear Park Assist, which removes Front and Rear Park Assist. See the window label
for the features on a specific vehicle.".

Gawd, this is so frustrating trying to do business with Chevrolet! This is a feature that is available on entry-level trims from other manufacturers.  Yet when I placed my Silverado order last month I had to add +$2000 in packages to get rear park assist (which also had the effect of deleting the tow mirrors I wanted).  At the time rear park assist was to be retrofitted in Q4 2022, and now not even that is a possibility?!?

bought a 2022 LT 2500 with heated seats/ wheel , park assit and blind zone lane change alert........trucks are huge so it definetly helps parking........my build was sept/21 though i didnt order it

i would be frustrated too and probably wouldnt have bought it if these were deleted, as much as they cost

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2022 at 3:22 PM, Carlos Eduardo Silva said:

I just bought a 2022 LTD LTZ, and it came without the heated seats... It has the buttons for the front seats but it doesn't work, they will add it later once they have chips. BUT the back seat doesn't even have the buttons, I hope all the hardware sill there, so I will buy the buttons and I add it by my self in the future...

Hey Carlos I bought the same truck on 2/28/22 just a couple of weeks ago

i also have the buttons  but don’t work 

also have the parking sensors which don’t work either. 😅

Do u know when they sre fixing these features?

i did get a whooping credit of $50 for each feature not working. 

Share some pictures of your truck

51C479FD-11F2-49AA-BF3C-AA117132E1B2.jpeg

41B1552A-E8E6-44AA-BAF8-6351AD978A6E.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mafd2 said:

My 2022 LTZ refresh has front/rear park assist, heated/cooled seats plus many other standard safety features.

That’s awesome. I wish GM would act fairly and do things in order by installing the missing chips on vehicles that they have already sold instead of skipping them and install them on newer vehicles. First come first serve principle. I guess it doesn’t work like that anymore  with GM in 2022.

Edited by Nestor Romero

38 minutes ago, Nestor Romero said:

That’s awesome. I wish GM would act fairly and do things in order by installing the missing chips on vehicles that they have already sold instead of skipping them and install them on newer vehicles. First come first serve principle. I guess it doesn’t work like that anymore  with GM in 2022.

I understand.  Seems that would be the right thing to do.

I purchased a 2022 Silverado 1500 LTD and was not aware until after purchase that it did not have several features. No park assist, no dual climate control, and it has a very poor rear camera.

15 minutes ago, David Bodine said:

I purchased a 2022 Silverado 1500 LTD and was not aware until after purchase that it did not have several features. No park assist, no dual climate control, and it has a very poor rear camera.

It should have been listed on the window sticker along with either a whooping $25 or $50

credit for each item

not included. In regards to the camera I’m not aware of it being affected by this, does your say HD reverse camera on the window sticker? Which trim did you purchase?

On 4/2/2022 at 5:33 PM, Nestor Romero said:

It should have been listed on the window sticker along with either a whooping $25 or $50

credit for each item

not included. In regards to the camera I’m not aware of it being affected by this, does your say HD reverse camera on the window sticker? Which trim did you purchase?

The small credit is for stuff that'll be retrofitted later like the heated wheel, seats.  If they are deleted entirely you'll get a larger credit.  I've noticed on many of the Sierra's that are in flight are starting to delete the rear wheel well liners entirely, it's a $140 credit for those and they won't be retrofitted.  Nothing to do with "chips" but appears to be affecting non tech stuff now too.  FJB

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 6:16 PM, David Bodine said:

Did you get a Custom, as indicated in your avatar?

Did the sales person suggest that it should have those features?

Order guide doesn't show Front and rear park assist as available on Custom

Custom is shown as single zone climate control on lower trims.  Dual zone is from LT and above. 

There have been some that have reported needing repair/replacement of rear vision cameras.

UVC    Rear Vision Camera

Fwiw, there is also a HD rear vison camera available on some trims (but not custom), and standard on higher trims

UVC    Rear Vision Camera