Sudden Fuel Mileage Drop

16 minutes ago, scralatchtica824 said:

What are you thoughts on my alignment sheet with the significantly out of spec thrust angle?

Well it is out of spec for sure. Out of warranty? 

https://www.knowyourparts.com/technical-resources/suspension/understanding-thrust-angle/

Try this. 

Sometimes you have to get creative. I literally moved the hole location in the spring perch making an  eccentric bushing. Yes after assuring a straight axle and acceptable set backs. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

Grumps beat me to it with mention of road crown; as I spend parts of year in 4 different parts of the country, I'll adjust the front starboard tire by adding a few pounds of air pressure in order to account for areas with increased road crown.  When I'm in FL I keep the tires equal, but when I'm on Eastern Long Island where some of the roads are so crowned you can't even run comfortably without inducing plantar fasciitis, I'll add up to 3 lbs of air to that tire (or remove from the forward port tire) to keep the vehicle steering straight with hands off the wheel.  Increased tire pressure on that wheel makes makes the vehicle pull to the opposite side.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Dropped her off to get re-aligned tomorrow morning just to be on the safe side.

Is it me or is this forum absolutely infested with advertisements. I'm on a custom built high performance PC and the site loads sooo slow. It's also unuseable on my iPhone/Chrome browser and Tapatalk won't even let me log in for some reason.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, scralatchtica824 said:

Is it me or is this forum absolutely infested with advertisements. I'm on a custom built high performance PC and the site loads sooo slow. It's also unuseable on my iPhone/Chrome browser and Tapatalk won't even let me log in for some reason.

Try switching to another browser. I use Brave and it bounces through this site pretty quick now that a few fixes were made on the site.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:01 AM, 16LT4 said:

Grumps beat me to it with mention of road crown; as I spend parts of year in 4 different parts of the country, I'll adjust the front starboard tire by adding a few pounds of air pressure in order to account for areas with increased road crown.  When I'm in FL I keep the tires equal, but when I'm on Eastern Long Island where some of the roads are so crowned you can't even run comfortably without inducing plantar fasciitis, I'll add up to 3 lbs of air to that tire (or remove from the forward port tire) to keep the vehicle steering straight with hands off the wheel.  Increased tire pressure on that wheel makes makes the vehicle pull to the opposite side.

Boy there is a great point. You can have a perfect alignment. If your pressures are not the same or if you tires are already worn to the bad alginment....it still wont go down the road straight. Things to check before one complains about the shops work. BTW...get a before AND after printout of the alignment and insist on getting the job you are paying for. Kindly.....

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, scralatchtica824 said:

Same; this forum is very "heavy."  It runs VERY slow on my laptop, much  slower than other forums I visit, to the point I usually browse at work.  But, I also purchased my laptop when Dubya was President... yeah, 2007.  I've mentioned before I don't waste money, and keep things very long. :)

20 minutes ago, 16LT4 said:

Same; this forum is very "heavy."  It runs VERY slow on my laptop, much  slower than other forums I visit, to the point I usually browse at work.  But, I also purchased my laptop when Dubya was President... yeah, 2007.  I've mentioned before I don't waste money, and keep things very long. :)

I’m that way with everything but my vehicles, I’m working on that. Iv never owned a computer except at work. Retired 7 years ago now my phone does everything I need. Including music andTV. By the way it’s an IPhone 5. A batteries plus has replaced the battery and lens. I can’t understand the need for a bigger phone. 

34 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’m that way with everything but my vehicles, I’m working on that. Iv never owned a computer except at work. Retired 7 years ago now my phone does everything I need. Including music andTV. By the way it’s an IPhone 5. A batteries plus has replaced the battery and lens. I can’t understand the need for a bigger phone. 

I thought the same thing I until my brother convinced me to get an iPhone 8 "plus" which has a slightly bigger screen over the standard 8. Since then I won't ever get a regular size smart phone again. The extra screen real-estate REALLY makes it easier to navigate websites, applications and documents on a phone size screen. The only downside is it's a little bigger in my pocket but overall the benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks.

57 minutes ago, scralatchtica824 said:

I thought the same thing I until my brother convinced me to get an iPhone 8 "plus" which has a slightly bigger screen over the standard 8. Since then I won't ever get a regular size smart phone again. The extra screen real-estate REALLY makes it easier to navigate websites, applications and documents on a phone size screen. The only downside is it's a little bigger in my pocket but overall the benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks.

I like the size. It’s easy to use with a vent mount in my vehicles when I traveling using WAZ. It fits nicely in my shirt pocket. I’m using it now typing this while watching TV. The little puck on the back expands and fits between my fingers couldn’t be more comfortable. At 66 I have no problem visually, with glasses of course. My wife’s 11 is just too big and becomes uncomfortable quickly. My kids laugh at me of course. I just say to them. I have the new and improved condensed version.

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, KARNUT said:

At least get a phone that is supported by Apple in terms of updates. There is a newer phone called the SE that is as big as the 5 no bigger. 

32 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

At least get a phone that is supported by Apple in terms of updates. There is a newer phone called the SE that is as big as the 5 no bigger. 

So far I get updates. Phone is flawless so far.

1 minute ago, shakenfake said:

@KARNUTYou lost support like 4 years ago with ios 10 or 11. Definitely need a new phone lol

Post settings that show what version you are on.

I stand corrected. My old phone was a 5. My wife got an 11 and I took the old one. It’s an se.