The wait begins.

I placed an order for a 2022 Sierra 1500 AT4 yesterday afternoon. I made a reservation and the dealer called to let me know it was time to build my truck! 

I have a 2021 Denali Duramax now and downsizing because theres no need for the HD grocery getter anymore. All I pull now is a small travel trailer and my 2 21 ft Bass & Bay boats. Sad to see it go but on the bright side, I'll lower my payment, insurance, fuel cost, maintenance, ect. I'm kinda looking forward to not driving a school bus around anymore as well. 1 day down, 3 months or so to go is what I was told it would take to get here.

Screenshot_20220115-224358_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-224312_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220115-224306_Gallery.jpg

Edited by 20Denali21
Mis spelling

5 hours ago, Transient said:

That engine selection is curious.  I assumed you would've gone with the babymax.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the 6.2 in my truck, but I thought you were trying to lower your fuel bill, not raise it. 

Sure it gets better fuel mileage but I've had a Duramax for 7 years now and I wanted to get away from all the emissions related issues and problems that come with a diesel. Trust me, don't buy a diesel for it's reliability nowadays. I'll probably never own another one to be honest. Heck, my truck now only gets like 11.6 mpg. This means I can have the same mileage and rip around and have fun driving something! Lol

Edited by 20Denali21

33 minutes ago, 20Denali21 said:

Sure it gets better fuel mileage but I've had a Duramax for 7 years now and I wanted to get away from all the emissions related issues and problems that come with a diesel. Trust me, don't buy a diesel for it's reliability nowadays. I'll probably never own another one to be honest. Heck, my truck now only gets like 11.6 mpg. This means I can have the same mileage and rip around and have fun driving something! Lol

I spent my first 20 years driving 1ton and 3/4 ton mostly diesel trucks. In my family business I did most of the the equipment moving. I couldn’t do as much modifications as my brothers because of the weight I pulled. And believe me the diesels were real dogs for get up and go. When we sold that part of the business I bought a 99 Ford 1/2 ton xlt sport 5 speed truck. The I put a s/c on it. I beat the sh$t out of it. 20 years of 0-60 frustration. You couldn’t pay me to drive a diesel or a 3/4 ton truck unless I could make money with it. There get up and go is better the pollution devices have cut the reliability. As for fuel mileage. Unless you live on the highway. The combo fuel mileage isn’t that great.

6 hours ago, 20Denali21 said:

I can see your perspective.  Don't be surprised if Raptors try to race you at every light, lol.

9 hours ago, 20Denali21 said:

Your duramax experience has been different than mine.

However, drive what you want. 

They offer multiple drivetrains and multiple load/tow capacities because everyones wants/needs are not the same.

• 1 month later...

1100 on 1/14 

2000 on 3/1 

3000 on 3/6

3400 3/10 with a TPW of 3/21/21.

Finally moving and starting to feel real.

This is the look but w the 6.2 & 18's.

FB_IMG_1646887575774.jpg

Edited by 20Denali21
  • Like 1

Looking good! Post pics when it gets here! I like the new front grill, and dashboard. I saw they said the new 2022 refresh will have better seats?/ But in every review they look identical to my 2021. 

I want softer nicer seats so I would consider a 2022 but I love this new 3.0. But Google is the deal breaker fo me. I hope that changes. 

I agree, if your not working a 2500 Duramax its a really a chore sometimes. This 1500 babymax has fit me perfectly. I have no need to go back to a 2500 probably ever again. 

Edited by seamus2154

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer just called and told me we're at event code 3800 now with No ETA yet.

**Vehicle has been produced.**

My 2022 AT4 Refresh order progression thus far.
-1100 on 1/14 
-2000 on 3/1 
-3000 on 3/6
-3400 3/10 with a TPW of 3/21/21
-3800 on 3/28 with no ETA yet

They are honoring my build MSRP at the time of submission. I hope they don't try and pull a fast one on the trade now though. 

Edited by 20Denali21

That's to be expected nowadays, I ordered my new F-150 in January and was told June or July. We have people waiting for more than 10 months. The more chips, the more delay. Some are left at the factory waiting for chips. Seat coolers, rear seat heaters, sunroof control, DFM management, the list goes on. I was told G.M. is doing a better job of it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got word today that the vehicle is on a ship heading across the Gulf of Mexico. It'll end up in Port Everglades just north of Miami. My salesman said I should have it before the end of the month. 

I had no clue that they were loaded on a ships. I assumed everything was via rail and sent north. 

Event code 4200 as of 4/6

It'll probably end up in this lot in the near future. 

Screenshot_20220407-000408_Maps.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Still waiting... 

Had an ETA of 4/27 but GM held the Refresh trucks a couple weeks in order to move all their 22 Limited models that were retrofitted at the factories. 

New ETA is 5/9 (today) but I'm not holding my breath.