DELAYED....again

Fifth time truck has been delayed.  Still sitting at 4300 (since November).  Might be delivered in April now.  I was going to use the $1000 for Truck Month to go towards a Borla Cat-Back (thru Chevy); looks like that will be nulled  :(

I have been a loyal GM fan (did have a '12 Mustang GT which I did not like).  My father was a loyal GM fan...his father, same story.  Tired of waiting.  Patience is running out.  

Just needed to vent again...

I wonder if something happened to the vehicle and they have to repair it or something...

Sorry man, definitely stinks big time.

Edited by 20Denali21

22 hours ago, BigBadSierra said:

I was told right up front because I ordered a 3.0 with a Sunroof expect it in June at the earliest.

I was told I would have it by Christmas.  Then the second week in January.  Oh, now it is delayed till the 3rd week of February and so on and so on and so on.  

Really bummed for all of you still waiting.  It would be nice if GM would share a plan with a timeline.

I wonder if they've put any information out for shareholders, on how they are working to resolve this?  They've already paid for the materials and components, the wages & benefits, the cost of facility and environmental, and now storage fees to do these partial builds.  So they've got a pretty big hole in their pocket book, since they don't get paid until the trucks are at the dealerships.  These trucks are a big part of their profitability, which is a big hit. 

There are so many of these trucks parked needing various finishing parts, the logistics has to be a huge nightmare. 

Now they will probably need to hire and train everyone from parts procurement to receiving, to conveyance, to accounting, to the staff needed to install the components, Inspection & cleaning staff.  Staff to organize and move the trucks. Staff to maintain the area they will do this work at.  Staff to integrate outbound truck shipments. Vendors to support that staff...

The list of what it takes to do this is huge, and that is just the GM/Ford/Dodge mfg side.  All the component supply vendors need the ability to continue a ramped up production to meet current demand, and then ramp up even further in order to supply these additional parts, which may need a completely different form of shipment to GM.

Sharing how they plan to accomplish this with a timeline, would sure help a lot of people.  Most importantly all of you still waiting to get your trucks.  But also stock holders, vendors and everyone needed to support this to final resolution.  When this is done and the tents fold up, there will be another vacuum as all those people and companies will need to look for other opportunities to put food on their families plates.

The oil industry is beginning to worry about demand destruction which will happen if prices climb much more. If you hear "stay-cation" make it back into the vernacular because of gas prices, a recession may be in the offing. It will start with hotels, tourist destinations, and the service industry will be hit the hardest, first. During the 2008 recession, manufacturers practically had to give their bigger, less fuel efficient vehicles away and 2 out of the 3 of them went bankrupt. Manufacturers and dealers have no good will left with the consumer now due to supply issues, price above MSRP, and so on and will rue their actions this next go around.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, garagerog said:

The oil industry is beginning to worry about demand destruction which will happen if prices climb much more. If you hear "stay-cation" make it back into the vernacular because of gas prices, a recession may be in the offing. It will start with hotels, tourist destinations, and the service industry will be hit the hardest, first. During the 2008 recession, manufacturers practically had to give their bigger, less fuel efficient vehicles away and 2 out of the 3 of them went bankrupt. Manufacturers and dealers have no good will left with the consumer now due to supply issues, price above MSRP, and so on and will rue their actions this next go around.

Silver lining maybe?

If demand for production goes down, it could positively affect the effort to get all these sitting trucks completed, and shipped.  All the OEMs will get a pretty big pay day, when they can get them delivered.

Sucks for me, as I just retired and am currently traveling around the country pulling a big 5th wheel.  That is pretty small potatoes compared to all the folks waiting in a communication black out to get their trucks they need to put food on their tables.

6 hours ago, sheath said:

Really bummed for all of you still waiting.  It would be nice if GM would share a plan with a timeline.

I wonder if they've put any information out for shareholders, on how they are working to resolve this?  They've already paid for the materials and components, the wages & benefits, the cost of facility and environmental, and now storage fees to do these partial builds.  So they've got a pretty big hole in their pocket book, since they don't get paid until the trucks are at the dealerships.  These trucks are a big part of their profitability, which is a big hit. 

There are so many of these trucks parked needing various finishing parts, the logistics has to be a huge nightmare. 

Now they will probably need to hire and train everyone from parts procurement to receiving, to conveyance, to accounting, to the staff needed to install the components, Inspection & cleaning staff.  Staff to organize and move the trucks. Staff to maintain the area they will do this work at.  Staff to integrate outbound truck shipments. Vendors to support that staff...

The list of what it takes to do this is huge, and that is just the GM/Ford/Dodge mfg side.  All the component supply vendors need the ability to continue a ramped up production to meet current demand, and then ramp up even further in order to supply these additional parts, which may need a completely different form of shipment to GM.

Sharing how they plan to accomplish this with a timeline, would sure help a lot of people.  Most importantly all of you still waiting to get your trucks.  But also stock holders, vendors and everyone needed to support this to final resolution.  When this is done and the tents fold up, there will be another vacuum as all those people and companies will need to look for other opportunities to put food on their families plates.

Would be nice to see a list of "Missing Parts" that my truck needs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Bucket56 said:

Maybe it was mid November trucks, no one can or will tell me anything other than "sorry". Built mid November, living the dream in 4300 land!

Oh yeah baby!  Built week of 11/15.  Love me some 4300!

3 hours ago, Cheekster96 said:

14 April now.

Shipping date?

Delivery date?

Another story date?

Just wondering! I find it funny (actually disgusted) how GM customer service and the GM dealer neither of which for the last 3 months can't find the truck that I have a vin number for!

• Like 1