DELAYED....again

17 hours ago, Bucket56 said:

Shipping date?

Delivery date?

Another story date?

Just wondering! I find it funny (actually disgusted) how GM customer service and the GM dealer neither of which for the last 3 months can't find the truck that I have a vin number for!

14 April is the new ETA for delivery.  Not holding my breath

On 3/29/2022 at 4:45 PM, Camario said:

Drove by the local dealership. They had a bunch of new refreshed 1500s on the lot. Nice to know GM focused on building those first before completing 2500s that have been sitting for months. Pretty upsetting 

The refreshed 2022 are being made in the plant in Mexico and the 2500 is made in Michigan.  One has nothing to do with the other.  Trouble is they made so many trucks with missing parts is that there is so much to do and not enough time to do it.   I know someone who works at the Flint (not in production) plant and he said every vacant lot in the area is full of trucks waiting on transportation.  First they had to be trucked to the storage areas, then the have to be trucked back to a rail head and this....

[quote]

‘Completely demoralized’: US railroad workers pushed to the brink

Workers are under intense strain amid grueling schedules, union contract negotiations and an arcane attendance policy system[/quote]

Edited by elcamino

On 3/10/2022 at 8:36 AM, Cheekster96 said:

Fifth time truck has been delayed.  Still sitting at 4300 (since November).  Might be delivered in April now.  I was going to use the $1000 for Truck Month to go towards a Borla Cat-Back (thru Chevy); looks like that will be nulled  :(

I have been a loyal GM fan (did have a '12 Mustang GT which I did not like).  My father was a loyal GM fan...his father, same story.  Tired of waiting.  Patience is running out.  

Just needed to vent again...

Same here my 2022 limited been delayed shipping 4 times per dealer. My deposit is refundable per dealer if I choose to do so. This is on a Limited 2022. Dealer also told me they have several 2021 new rigs not shipped yet. Whole truck going to be nulled here soon and wait a year or 2 for this chip thing to sort out-hopefully.

2 hours ago, lryfer said:

Same here my 2022 limited been delayed shipping 4 times per dealer. My deposit is refundable per dealer if I choose to do so. This is on a Limited 2022. Dealer also told me they have several 2021 new rigs not shipped yet. Whole truck going to be nulled here soon and wait a year or 2 for this chip thing to sort out-hopefully.

Just know that you will be paying more as inflation is really starting to take full effect. Our order materials and equipment prices as an electrical contractor have gone up an average increase of 25% in the last 2 weeks. Yes i said 25% increase in material cost in the last 2 weeks alone. You will also be setting yourself up for a terrible interest rate unless you are paying cash on delivery for this truck, if you are going to finance then you will be paying thousands more for the truck in interest cost alone. Rates will never get as low as they were or as they are now, the free money train all of us enjoyed all of our lives is coming to an end here!

Mine has been sitting at 4300 for a couple of weeks with no ETA for delivery.  My dealer said it’ll probably arrive in a couple of weeks and they are the largest gm truck dealer in northeast but I have doubts. They have a decent timeline for production but poor logistics for delivery

5 hours ago, Trailblaster said:

Mine has been sitting at 4300 for a couple of weeks with no ETA for delivery.  My dealer said it’ll probably arrive in a couple of weeks and they are the largest gm truck dealer in northeast but I have doubts. They have a decent timeline for production but poor logistics for delivery

Hope your luck is better than mine. Mine has been in 4300 jail since mid December. Dealer claims it moved lots so at least some activity!! Not holding my breath.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bucket56 said:

Hope your luck is better than mine. Mine has been in 4300 jail since mid December. Dealer claims it moved lots so at least some activity!! Not holding my breath.

so what is 4300 jail? The truck i waiting for was build 11-6-2021 and still not shipped to dealer.

8 hours ago, Trailblaster said:

I was told 2 weeks to arrive. Placed deposit to hold truck in transit. That has been 6 weeks ago.

My 3500 DRW LTZ was built the week of February 14th. Has been at 4300 since February 24th.

Dealer says it is flagged as "hot" meaning it should get priority. I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Friend was just telling me he ordered a 2022 Polaris RZR with a MSRP over $30K.  Last week he got a letter for Polaris corp informing him his new RZR was going up in price by min %5.  He is po'd, at the time he ordered he was told it would lock in the prices but now they are going back on that.  He has money down, had to do that in order for the dealer to place the order.  

·        4300 Intermediate Delivery

Could mean at an upfitter, another lot, or sitting waiting for available shipping at some storage area.

Friend who lives in the Flint area and has seen all the trucks sitting around said a train a 100 miles would not load them all.  Keep in mind a lot of vehciel from other plants get shipped in for local distribution. He has seen Camaro's and Cadillac's as well and they are built in Lansing.

Edited by elcamino

I went through a total of five HD's and four dealerships in the past seven months trying to make a purchase....

The first was a special order SLE in September 2021. My dealer called after a month and said GM was not picking up the order and they are only building Denali's and AT4's at the moment (in other words, high profit vehicles). I changed my order to a loaded $85k Denali. That order was picked up quickly and was told by dealer I would get it by end of January. 

Dealer said status showed completed build in December. January came and left. February came as well followed by March and still no movement. Contacted dealer and he said he had no idea what was happening and it was just sitting. I asked what should I do? Sales Manager replied very coldly, "Do what you need to do".... so I canceled reservation and in that same day, put a deposit on an "In-Transit" green AT4 " at a 2nd dealer. This 2nd dealer assured me the AT4 would be moving in the next 2-3 days before he took my deposit. After a month and three delivery date changes on-line, I began to loose hope. 

A week ago, I got the idea to look at Silverado HD's and see what was happening with Chevrolet? I thought maybe the Canadian plant could be a better option? I went ahead and put a deposit on a Canadian built "In-Transit" HD that had a completed build and being delivered to what was now my 3rd dealer who was located 500 miles away from my home. 

Now I had a total of (2) deposits out there: one on a green AT4 Sierra and one on a silver High County Silverado! Of course right about now, I hear my special order Denali from last year finally showed up at my original dealer (after seven months) but of course somebody put a deposit on it.... ugggghhh!  

Last Friday, I get a call from a 4th dealer about 200 miles away who apparently kept my phone number from a past inquiry. He told me they had a white AT4 that just fell out and did I want it? Of course I jumped at it and now happy to say this dog & pony show has finally come to an end. 

This was a ton of energy for something being sold @ MSRP w/zero factory incentives or compensation for the hoops and hurdles going on at the moment. I honestly feel that one (or two) of the above trucks are basically "lost" and that's why they could not ship them... buried behind a sea of vehicles. 

I don't really know how to end this tale, but will say that I am a bit numb (and tired) from it. Yes, I could have sat on my hands and just waited, but to be honest, I didn't want a vehicle that had been sitting in a field somewhere for months nor was I willing to pay over MSRP. On the upside, it did give me PLENTY of time to fine tune what it was I wanted vs. needed. In the end, I am happy I landed on the color and trim I now have because it's a big departure from the SLE originally ordered.

Edited by EngLab