DELAYED....again

44 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

Oof back up to 14 days away. 

Have you thought about cancelling yet or still trying to wait it out?

Truck i was going to buy was built Nov 6, 2021. Still at 4800 and was told going to be shipped 2 weeks and 2 weeks and 2 weeks. Tired of the running around and cancelled. Will wait and see what happens with the redesigned models. This was a 2022 limited Sierra.

5 minutes ago, Cheekster96 said:

I am just gonna wait it out.  I too will see what the '23 models bring.  At this pace, might just order a '24.

Same here wait this so called supply shortage out and when the flood of trucks hit the market prices go down.

On 4/25/2022 at 3:19 PM, lryfer said:

Same here wait this so called supply shortage out and when the flood of trucks hit the market prices go down.

I don't think there ever will be a flood of trucks at the dealers.

Them days are bye bye.

Why would they not keep doing it like they are and get sticker for everything they sell?

So given the recent amount of TV advertising of GMC HD trucks, GM must think there will be lots of HDs hitting dealers soon as the huge inventory of "chip held" trucks sitting everywhere around the factories are completed enough to ship.

As for expecting the dealer price-gouging to subside... maybe not as all manufacturers are raising their MSRPs given the inflationary pressures of the times.   "You can pay me more now or pay me even more later"!

What a complete and utter CF! 

Part of the problem is logistics.  Shortage of rail-cars, congestion in the rail system, shortage of truck drivers.  Friend works for a major US retailer (truck driver) and the starting salary is $97,500/yr and they cannot recruit enough drivers to fill their needs. To the point they are paying existing drivers big bonus's for referring drivers.  The oem's created a lot of these problems by continuing the build vehicles that are missing components and now there are long delays in shipping the parts and the completed vehicles.   Its the economy, the climate control zealots are in control in DC and are trying to run the oil companies out of business and that has unintended consequences.   

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It seems mine is at least out of the Duramax hold but still sitting in Flint awaiting transport.

The GM chat on Friday said it should ship in 3-4 days... 🤣🤣

Not holding my breath!!!

So a friend of mine that works for CN Rail texted me saying my truck moved from Flint to Montreal on May 3rd. Its either still on the rail car or in the yard, but at least its here!

Question now, how long before it gets to the dealer

Edited by Camario

This is the situation on lots of things right now and feel bad for people.  But i think a lot of this is dealers not being educated or being upfront.  A lot of them are taking your order and deposits and then blaming GM when in reality they know the situation.  A lot of them are putting them into the system to order knowing they dont have an allocation and then telling the customer hey we ordered it and GM is not taking it.  Instead they should be holding your order and telling you that, and then telling you when they actually input the order with allocation. 

• Like 1