Mount for ham radio face plate

Hello everyone.

I've got a 2022 GMC Denali 3500 with pretty much ever option available except for the plow package and rear heated seats.  Yes I ordered it in June of last year so all the options were still available at that time.  Any way.  I'm looking to mount the face plate of my ham radio and I'm not sure how to do it.  I was thinking I could put it in the center on top of the dash where that tray with the rubber mat is.  I'm just not sure if there is a way to securely mount it there.  I would have to build my own mount probably unless someone knows of a third party one.

If anyone else has some options let me know.  It's a bit to big to put by the A pillar.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, VE6CPU said:

Hello everyone.

I've got a 2022 GMC Denali 3500 with pretty much ever option available except for the plow package and rear heated seats.  Yes I ordered it in June of last year so all the options were still available at that time.  Any way.  I'm looking to mount the face plate of my ham radio and I'm not sure how to do it.  I was thinking I could put it in the center on top of the dash where that tray with the rubber mat is.  I'm just not sure if there is a way to securely mount it there.  I would have to build my own mount probably unless someone knows of a third party one.

If anyone else has some options let me know.  It's a bit to big to put by the A pillar.

Thanks.

What radio - Yaesu , icom , kenwood ???    I have a Yaesu 8800 mounted on the dash next to A pillar . No problem seeing .

Edited by slj2008

21 minutes ago, tbully said:

Hello!

I use a mount on the center console from ProClip!  It works great for my Icom 5100!

Any chance you might have a picture you could share? 

I have the same radio, and have used ProClip in the past on a Jeep Rubicon.  Very nice quality.

Also would really like to know how you handled the antenna install?

BTW: Love that radio.  I caught a conversation over D-Star with a guy on the east coast talking with guy in S. Korea.  Would be nice if Kenwood, Yaesu and Icom could agree on a single standard in that regard.

• Like 1

@VE6CPU sorry for horning in on your thread.  Got excited when tbullly mentioned using the proclip with the Icom, as I've had great experience with their products, but didn't realize they made one for our trucks.