2021 Silverado single exhaust to dual exhaust conversion

So I got the exhaust put on.  Not a fan.  More importantly my wife hates it and she has to sit in my truck for long drives (2-4 hours) every weekend.  So now I am weighing my options.  

I was thinking about offering a 1 to 1 swap with anyone who wants the exhaust for their stock exhaust.  Do you think anyone will take it?  

Anyway, thanks for all the help on this thread.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to work out.

14 minutes ago, Steven Vona said:

So I got the exhaust put on.  Not a fan.  More importantly my wife hates it and she has to sit in my truck for long drives (2-4 hours) every weekend.  So now I am weighing my options.  

I was thinking about offering a 1 to 1 swap with anyone who wants the exhaust for their stock exhaust.  Do you think anyone will take it?  

Anyway, thanks for all the help on this thread.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to work out.

Just change the muffler. There’s many options.

32 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Just change the muffler. There’s many options.

I thought about that.  But I don't want to get into a thing where there are issues with droning, or loss of power, or whatever.  I still have the stock muffler but I have heard a lot of people say that when you use the stock muffler without the resonators it creates drone in the cab.  Honestly, this has turned from something of enjoyment into a nightmare.  But the wife has a point.  Her and the kids have to sit in the truck also.

3 minutes ago, Steven Vona said:

I thought about that.  But I don't want to get into a thing where there are issues with droning, or loss of power, or whatever.  I still have the stock muffler but I have heard a lot of people say that when you use the stock muffler without the resonators it creates drone in the cab.  Honestly, this has turned from something of enjoyment into a nightmare.  But the wife has a point.  Her and the kids have to sit in the truck also.

My wife was that way 40 years ago. She got a hot rod subscription to learn what made me a car enthusiast. She now drives a sports sedan and has a collector car. My kids were exposed from birth. Louder exhaust is one thing, nobody likes drone. If there’s room a simple addition of a glass pack ( resonator) would help a lot. As I got older a free flow muffler and resonator was a must. My 14 was the last I put exhaust on. I left the resonator and tuned out the cylinder deactivation. 

My wife has zero interest in cars as anything other than a means of transportation.  I need to buy a third car to play with... :)

So I am hoping someone is open to a 1 to 1 trade.  I really don't want to pay another $1000 for a stock exhaust.

48 minutes ago, Steven Vona said:

My wife has zero interest in cars as anything other than a means of transportation.  I need to buy a third car to play with... :)

So I am hoping someone is open to a 1 to 1 trade.  I really don't want to pay another $1000 for a stock exhaust.

Have you looked on Craigslist and FB marketplace in your area? I usually see them for around $300 like new all the time.

Edited by Diamond817

55 minutes ago, Diamond817 said:

Have you looked on Craigslist and FB marketplace in your area? I usually see them for around $300 like new all the time.

I have been looking since you mentioned that the first time.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I will still have to sell the Borla exhaust so I figured maybe someone who doesn't have a wife would want to swap! :)

1 hour ago, Steven Vona said:

I have been looking since you mentioned that the first time.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I will still have to sell the Borla exhaust so I figured maybe someone who doesn't have a wife would want to swap! :)

Since you have the stock muffler I would cut the Borla muffler off and go get some exhaust band clamps and put the stock muffler back on and see what you have in sound then have the muffler shop weld the stock one back on. Or just have the shop do it.

• 1 year later...

How did you make out with the conversion? I am doing the same thing and just ordered the exhaust shield, hardware and a new bumper for the dual exhaust. With the dual exhaust conversions, did you have to purchase all new hangers? If so which ones did you get? I appreciate any advice. Thanks again.

John

5 hours ago, John Planas said:

How did you make out with the conversion? I am doing the same thing and just ordered the exhaust shield, hardware and a new bumper for the dual exhaust. With the dual exhaust conversions, did you have to purchase all new hangers? If so which ones did you get? I appreciate any advice. Thanks again.

John

You have to get the 2 rear circular exhaust hangers. 

I'm got 40k MLS on my dual exhaust with no heat shields and no spare tire problems. Just saying.

21 hours ago, Diamond817 said:

You have to get the 2 rear circular exhaust hangers. 

I'm got 40k MLS on my dual exhaust with no heat shields and no spare tire problems. Just saying.

Great information. Thank You