6.0 engines

15 hours ago, Ryan Digman said:

So new user here. I have a 2016 Silverado 2500 with the 6.0. All other engines are covered,just not the 6.0. Is there a reason for that?

What's your question about the 6.0?

16 hours ago, Ryan Digman said:

So new user here. I have a 2016 Silverado 2500 with the 6.0. All other engines are covered,just not the 6.0. Is there a reason for that?

If it's because nobody is posting about it, then that's because it is an awesome engine and never breaks.  Only issue is mpg isn't the best.  :)

22' Thor CHEVROLET EXPRESS CUTAWAY VAN - 2014 3500  6.0L V8  blew up at relatively low ~40,000  miles, rod bearing failure , GM long block replaced under warranty but I was renting it out to a travel company and suspect drug cartels were using it to run smack around west US.  Suspect rental company did not change oil as requested. 

I sold it once engine repaired by Galles Chevrolet  in ABQ.   

9 hours ago, steelerdude15 said:

Are you referring to the engine not being covered warranty wise or there not being a lot of posts on here regarding the 6.0?

Not being allot of posts about it. I dont have the factory warrantee,but a dealership 2 year warrantee . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, customboss said:

22' Thor CHEVROLET EXPRESS CUTAWAY VAN - 2014 3500  6.0L V8  blew up at relatively low ~40,000  miles, rod bearing failure , GM long block replaced under warranty but I was renting it out to a travel company and suspect drug cartels were using it to run smack around west US.  Suspect rental company did not change oil as requested. 

I sold it once engine repaired by Galles Chevrolet  in ABQ.   

Ya im thinking the rental company had something to do with it and it blowing up,lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

If it's because nobody is posting about it, then that's because it is an awesome engine and never breaks.  Only issue is mpg isn't the best.  :)

And ya no matter how light i am on the gas steady and easy breaking, cant get past 11.1MPG. Ouch,haha. 

• Like 1