2020 and up, dpf system recall

On 8/15/2022 at 6:12 PM, crspangenberg said:

I too have insane brake squeal issues, my dealership told me it was normal. I don't think so, not on an $80k truck.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, crspangenberg.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 GMC Sierra 2500HD AT4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: crspangenberg/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, BMEMSE said:

This recall killed gas mileage on my truck.  Anyone else have this issue?

Yup! I’ve been trying to fight with GM for months now to no avail. They “don’t go backwards” with the ECM or TCM. All I want it to reset it back to stock. Never had issues before this (besides the ridiculously loud brakes and upper i-shaft 3x). We need to make enough noise to have them do a new update because this one sucked!! Made a post about it a while ago. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine updated in early June and could not be more disappointed.  When not towing I was getting 17-18 in mix of city and rural driving and now I am getting 14.5.  It is running a regen cycle twice as often as before the update.  I’m fortunate to have a great dealer and they checked everything yesterday, but unfortunately had to point back to the software update.  They spoke to GM on my behalf and we’re not given any indication that a solution is on the way.  Will be calling GM tomorrow to file a complaint. Considering what these trucks cost it’s ridiculous that a software update would reduce fuel MPG by 20% or more, 3 years after buying the truck. The impact on MPG should have been communicated in the recall notice.

• Like 2

I too am having the fuel mileage issue and I have been fighting with GM for months.  I have had my truck at the dealer to do "diagnostics" but without a check engine light everything is now within the GM specs.  I lost about 25% fuel mileage and I am not letting this go with GM.  I was told to contact the NTS to get a recall done on the recall.  The emission recall should have made the truck more efficient but obviously when you lose 25% the truck is running less efficient.  With enough people we can probably get a class action law suit going and force GM to correct this.    

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 5 of the 2020 Duramax's in my fleet.  Yes they loose mileage after the update. Dealer has been of no help

Noisy brakes, Yes there is a dealer bulletin about the brakes. Now getting your dealer to fix it is a joke. 

I just ordered new brakes after the dealer commented that GM will not cover it with 50k miles.  I have reported it for the a two plus years I've had them. 

• 1 month later...

So those of you that took a hit in mpg and shifting after the recall, did any of you ever get it resolved. I’m experiencing it right now and extremely pissed, especially with fuel costs. I’m losing about 100 miles per tank since the recall. I called the dealership and they play dumb. A update would greatly be appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Had the recall software installed.  I want to thank General Motors for keeping my truck up to date and operating safely.  I now understand what a Ford owner feels like by getting such shitty fuel economy.  Instantly dropped by 3-4 l/100 km.  I was hoping that it would get better like it did after 5000km when new.  I have an Edge CTS3 monitor installed, the EGTs are running higher on normal cruise, but cooler during a burn.  I also do burns at least twice as often as before the upate.  Thank you GM for screwing us during the highest fuel cost ever.

• 3 weeks later...

The recall was supposed to lower the temps on the SCR and extend the regen cycle. To me, I have lost 2MPGs on all conditions. I was able to hit 20, now hovers on the 18s.

I went to get it done a year ago because for what I read it made sense on lowering fuel consumption, not increasing.

There is a way to roll back a software update? I am assuming... Nope, but I hope so.

I am contemplating on a PCM/ECM replacement that can be tuned.

Edited by 2500W/T

On 11/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, Jaytee1 said:

So those of you that took a hit in mpg and shifting after the recall, did any of you ever get it resolved. I’m experiencing it right now and extremely pissed, especially with fuel costs. I’m losing about 100 miles per tank since the recall. I called the dealership and they play dumb. A update would greatly be appreciated!

No resolve whatsoever except to be tossed back and forth between GM and the dealership, wasting time and even more fuel. So pissed. 

34 minutes ago, 2500W/T said:

The recall was supposed to lower the temps on the SCR and extend the regen cycle. To me, I have lost 2MPGs on all conditions. I was able to hit 20, now hovers on the 18s.

I went to get it done a year ago because for what I read it made sense on lowering fuel consumption, not increasing.

There is a way to roll back a software update? I am assuming... Nope, but I hope so.

I am contemplating on a PCM/ECM replacement that can be tuned.

@2500W/T I've pushed and pulled in every direction short of class action/attorney talk and to quote GM: "Sir, General Motors never goes backwards, only forward" and then she proceeded to tell me that IF Gm were to do anything about it, I'd have to wait 8months to a year to see if they push out a refreshed update/recall. Pathetic. 

I'm curious on what replacements you would go with... Not out of possibility once my warranty is up. 

• 1 month later...

I've had this problem since the recall/update was done. 2020 2500 and I've had it at the dealership at least 3 times to be checked. I've noticed city driving to be around 15-16 and highway around 18. Previously I was getting around 18 city and 20-23 highway depending on road/driving conditions. I also now get an average of about 9 when towing my 32' 10K lb 5th wheel.

I've also really noticed how little DEF seems to be used since this was done. 

GM has been involved recently and it appears that they are acknowledging a problem. They said that a new update has to be pushed out, but they can't say when that will be. Who knows if this is BS or not, but I'm probably going to start a lemon law claim.

Anybody else noticing the DEF consumption?

Edited by Maligator
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...