2022-2023???

Belo

We just talk about them here in the 19-21 section since they are mostly the same truck, built on the Same platform.

Forums not dead, It’s just apparently too hard for the site admins to update the forum names and descriptions. 

1 hour ago, Amcguy1970 said:

It is just a refresh, they don't need to make a new section, that is only for redesigns where everything is different including wiring, suspension, structure, etc. The 22+ shares many of the same things with the 19+ outside of some design items. 

Tyler

Don't the refresh trucks use a different electrical control architecture?

If so, that would seem like a classic reason to add a new section.

Edited by redwngr

4 hours ago, Amcguy1970 said:

It is just a refresh, they don't need to make a new section, that is only for redesigns where everything is different including wiring, suspension, structure, etc. The 22+ shares many of the same things with the 19+ outside of some design items. 

Tyler

Not quite.

3 hours ago, redwngr said:

Don't the refresh trucks use a different electrical control architecture?

If so, that would seem like a classic reason to add a new section.

redwngr is correct.  2022 "refresh" trucks have the same cabs and box metal.  The front clips are all new (grille, bumpers and headlights).  New dashes on LT and higher trims.

The biggest change?  Electrical architecture.  2022 refresh and forward are on GM VIP electrical platform, aka Global B.  Lots of new under the skin changes, new communications protocols, new modules, etc.  They are programmed differently than before somewhat, nothing tuning wise from 19-22 that has been made will not work, etc.  

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I know that it's just a refresh and didn't mean to imply that we needed a new sub. I was just thrown off when I logged in and saw that it ended at 2021. Seems like a quick fix that hopefully the mods can make :)

Edited by Belo

On 8/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, newdude said:

Not quite.

redwngr is correct.  2022 "refresh" trucks have the same cabs and box metal.  The front clips are all new (grille, bumpers and headlights).  New dashes on LT and higher trims.

The biggest change?  Electrical architecture.  2022 refresh and forward are on GM VIP electrical platform, aka Global B.  Lots of new under the skin changes, new communications protocols, new modules, etc.  They are programmed differently than before somewhat, nothing tuning wise from 19-22 that has been made will not work, etc.  

I agree and second the need for a new category for the 2022+, the looks may be somewhat similar but they are different. I've tried helping a buddy with his 22+ and the first thing we noticed was the BCM is completely different. Wake up Admins and recognize the difference, searching and posting for the "refresh" model is darn cumbersome.

• 4 months later...