Factory Lift

Full 2 inches.  Its all the components right from the Trail Boss/AT4.  

On a crew short (assuming factory tires) that takes your ground clearance from 8.09" up to 10.88" and your overall height from 75.51" to 78.35".  So per those measurements, over 2 inches will be gained in ground clearance and overall height.  

IMO the best parts about the GM kit is A) its warranty friendly and B) GM includes updated calibrations for the electronic power steering module and for front facing cameras if equipped to account for the change in vehicle height.  No aftermarket lift kit has such support for that part.    

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

Thanks for the clarification. I wanted to make sure Im gonna get at least the 2". I know sometimes folks buy stuff and says 2 but really means 1.5. Wouldnt be cool to spend the money and not get what I wanted. I realize its what makes the AT4 and TB what they are. Now just to find time.....

Funny enough, when I asked about calibrations, the dealer didnt seem to think there were any lol.

Edited by Byrds8

30 minutes ago, Byrds8 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I wanted to make sure Im gonna get at least the 2". I know sometimes folks buy stuff and says 2 but really means 1.5. Wouldnt be cool to spend the money and not get what I wanted. I realize its what makes the AT4 and TB what they are. Now just to find time.....

Funny enough, when I asked about calibrations, the dealer didnt seem to think there were any lol.

Yea it will come with an authorization sheet and they phone it in to GM Techline who then issues the calibrations.  Dealer then simply programs the modules that GM requests.

4 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

You couldn’t pay me to put Rancho shocks on my truck. 

Just giving an idea of the number parts and pieces involved. 

If I was interested in a taller truck I'd still be running a 2500. 

A stock 2500 is still taller than a 1500 with the 2" lift.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

You couldn’t pay me to put Rancho shocks on my truck. 

Well it came with Rancho shocks stock. I know they suck compared to others.

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

Just giving an idea of the number parts and pieces involved. 

If I was interested in a taller truck I'd still be running a 2500. 

A stock 2500 is still taller than a 1500 with the 2" lift.

Yep a 2500 is taller...and more expensive. So may as well just make this one a bit taller :D

Byrds8, 

Did you end up going with the GM 2" lift?

People seem to overlook the fact that you also get longer CVs with the 2" lift. Everybody seems to focus on the Rancho shocks but overlook the longer CVs. 

I'm likely going to go with this lift to retain my warranty and all the recalibrations. Then, if I ever decide to level the truck as a TB/AT4 I'll already have longer CV's to help with angles. 

1 hour ago, Mossyoakglock said:

People seem to overlook the fact that you also get longer CVs with the 2" lift. Everybody seems to focus on the Rancho shocks but overlook the longer CVs. 

would like to hear the difference about these also, if anyone out there that can explain differences and why seems only gm worried about this and all the other lift outfits don't?

21 minutes ago, 4banger said:

would like to hear the difference about these also, if anyone out there that can explain differences and why seems only gm worried about this and all the other lift outfits don't?

I'd like to know as well. I don't know the details either but remember reading that they were longer. 

I couldn't find any other detailed information on them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on putting this lift on once the 20% off coupon hits. I was quoted $900 for installation plus the cost of the lift kit at my local Chevy dealership. The CV axles issue was explained to me like this: the longer CV axles are important because they allow you to retain (safely) the ability to use the AWD/4HI on your truck after the lift. When you lift your truck a few inches, without doing a differential drop, the increased angle on the short axles causes an increased possibility of failure. Other lift companies actually do talk about this and some caution against using 4hi. I have no real world experience with this.

Thought our newer trucks had the narrower front diff and longer axles then last gen so this wasn’t an issue any more? Also less uca issues due to less angle. Sounds like last gen speak carried forward like an echo to the next gen making assumptions they are the same.

• Thanks 1

It’s a longevity issue. Especially for a vehicle lifted from the factory with a warranty they have to honor.  Over time and miles, yes, it’s not a bad thing to have. 

When I put my TB spec Bilsteins on I kept the original CV’s. They’re fine. When they need replacement I’m going with TB spec axles.