2024 Silverado HD

This thread is heading into the weeds, lets get back on track...

I just wanna know what everyone is gonna do for oil change intervals, and know the biggest tire I can run on the 2024's without rubbing.  (Sarcasm)

14 hours ago, dal1980 said:

I just wanna know what everyone is gonna do for oil change intervals, and know the biggest tire I can run on the 2024's without rubbing.  (Sarcasm)

lol

Wife says I shoulda bought a Raptor. What do I to tell her?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

lol

Wife says I shoulda bought a Raptor. What do I to tell her?

My wife of 48 years only suggested one time for me to buy a vehicle. It sure wasn’t a raptor. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, KARNUT said:

Maybe it’s that Ford is the most popular. Has a proven diesel. Has more driving aids for heavy duty pulling. More choices in the engine department. Has a real high performance off roader like the raptor. You can get 400 HP in a mid size SUV. Has the cheapest 4 door small pickup. And then there’s the bronco. For the electric fans, lightning and mustang. Chevys are trailing right now in every category. The Camaro is dated. Mid engine corvette, no thanks. I think I covered most of it. If you’re talking about the forum itself, I have no problems with it. 

The biggest difference, in my opinion, is the ordering process.

Your order, practically speaking, enters the national build queue almost immediately.  It's not so much based on each individual dealer's allocation.

Therefore, delivery times are way more predictable for Ford.  If someone else across the national is experiencing a delay or a constraint, it's probably similar for everyone.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, dal1980 said:

What you dont change your oil every 3k for cheap insurance and peace of mind

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, KARNUT said:

Maybe it’s that Ford is the most popular. Has a proven diesel. Has more driving aids for heavy duty pulling. More choices in the engine department. Has a real high performance off roader like the raptor. You can get 400 HP in a mid size SUV. Has the cheapest 4 door small pickup. And then there’s the bronco. For the electric fans, lightning and mustang. Chevys are trailing right now in every category. The Camaro is dated. Mid engine corvette, no thanks. I think I covered most of it. If you’re talking about the forum itself, I have no problems with it. 

GM makes good cars I like ,my 2500 GMC,  but what you said is spot on.  Only reason im in GM is the discount.

My 2015 F150 ecoboost blew the 2014 GM redesign out of the water I had.  Also had a 2012 F250 diesel where short of the radio was no further dated then the 21 2500 Chevy I had.  Gm rolls around even today with deisgn and interior that isnt much different then the 2007 1500 silverado I had.

Difference is GM sells things they want to.  Ford and Ram, both sell things that customes want.  

Edited by nards444
  • Like 1

I like GM's optioning/packaging better on the heavy duty trucks than Ford's. The LT trim really is the sweet spot and provides a ton of value compared to the XLT trim. Can't get leather or dual zone climate control on the XLT, which other than heated seats is all I want in terms of creature comforts. It's nice you can get all three on the LT with out having to go crazy with options on an LTZ/Lariat. Hopefully that continues with 2024 ordering.

Edited by Ry Guy

1 hour ago, Ry Guy said:

I like GM's optioning/packaging better on the heavy duty trucks than Ford's. The LT trim really is the sweet spot and provides a ton of value compared to the XLT trim. Can't get leather or dual zone climate control on the XLT, which other than heated seats is all I want in terms of creature comforts. It's nice you can get all three on the LT with out having to go crazy with options on an LTZ/Lariat. Hopefully that continues with 2024 ordering.

I compared the f250 when I bought my  21 2500,  Ford was finally coming out with the dual climate zone on the XLT either in 21 or 22.   Still missing the boat on leather.  Gm though didnt at least then have 360 camera, wirless phone etc.  GMs infotainment system just sucks too.  What bothers me about GM is their lack of colors and then optioning,  go beyond black or white on a chevy and you cant add anything to them.