2024 Silverado HD

If you like your truck, that is all that matters. Another person's opinion is just that, their opinion. Like a******s, everyone has one. I'm sure plenty don't like the Sierra front end. I do, and again, that is all that matters. That being said... Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the Camaro front end on a HD pickup needs to find a new line of work. 🤣   I think the front end update is a big improvement

comparison.jpg

1 hour ago, Texas1836 said:

If you like your truck, that is all that matters. Another person's opinion is just that, their opinion. Like a******s, everyone has one. I'm sure plenty don't like the Sierra front end. I do, and again, that is all that matters. That being said... Whoever thought it was a good idea to put the Camaro front end on a HD pickup needs to find a new line of work. 🤣   I think the front end update is a big improvement

comparison.jpg

lol.  inspiration was a freight train apparently.  Ugliest front end on a truck in a long time.  It was ok when color matched grill and bumper.

3 hours ago, nards444 said:

lol.  inspiration was a freight train apparently.  Ugliest front end on a truck in a long time.  It was ok when color matched grill and bumper.

I like the front a lot and the fact it’s unique but with that said I like my front but not so much the custom one with the white bar that says Chevrolet. Mine is the WT so everything is black up front. And because it’s just the flat black painted bumpers it’s all flat black with the white paint. That along with the black fake hood scope and black wheel well guards and door handles and mirrors give it a good look. I like the spelled out Chevrolet. 

10 hours ago, Pryme said:

I like the front a lot and the fact it’s unique but with that said I like my front but not so much the custom one with the white bar that says Chevrolet. Mine is the WT so everything is black up front. And because it’s just the flat black painted bumpers it’s all flat black with the white paint. That along with the black fake hood scope and black wheel well guards and door handles and mirrors give it a good look. I like the spelled out Chevrolet. 

I had a 21  Midnight edition LT trim.  It had a descent look much likes yours.  Like I said it has to be color match, if not its fugly.  

• Like 1

I like the '20-'23 front end.  Reminds me a lot of the mid '60s Chevy.  The '24 may "grow" on me, but I currently don't think it looks a clean as the '20-'23.  It seems too busy and bulbous.

The 10 speed will be a welcome addition for those of us towing heavy weights.

Will I trade my '23 for a '24.  Probably not.  I'm considering going back to a Dodge with the Cummins.  The Chevy is OK for the 5th wheel, but not so good with livestock. It's just not enough truck for live loads, and the stupid SAE capacity sticker is causing me issues.

I wouldn't buy a Duramax or a Powerstroke.  Too expensive to maintain, and from what my buddies have to deal with, they don't seem as durable as the Cummins.

I just need a truck that starts, stops and hauls the load every time I turn the key, without drama.  As I typed that, it dawned on me that a Dodge is going to be that truck. 

1966-chevrolet-c10-stepside.jpg

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-HD-LTZ-Silver-Ice-Metallic-Exterior-First-Drive-in-Oregon-026-720x480.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, C/K Man said:

Was hearing from multiple sources more info on the 2024 Silverado HD was supposed to be released Thursday or Friday.  Did I miss it or is it coming next week?  

I had heard that as well, but additional info is limited.  The only thing Ive seen was  TFL video that quickly went over the High Country and High Country Midnight at the TX fair.  I gotta say the Midnight is sweet.  Cant wait to see the the new 24's with body color bumpers/front ends.

• 3 weeks later...

Found some interesting information of the 2023 Silverado 4500/5500/6500HD's.  Looks like those models will also have a short 2023 MY like the 2500/3500 HD's.  While 2023 MY production of the medium duty trucks is scheduled to start 01/03/2023, the final order date is scheduled for 12/02/2022.  Again like the 2500/3500's, the 2023 medium duty trucks were almost completely unchanged from the 2022's, perhaps we will see some updates for the 2024 MY.   

Looking forward to when GM provides configuration & spec details on the new 2024 GMC & Chevy HDs that are at the lower trim levels. Would also like to see pricing and order start dates. My guess is that they do not want to disrupt/slow down orders on 2023s at this time. 

2 hours ago, Haoleguy said:

Looking forward to when GM provides configuration & spec details on the new 2024 GMC & Chevy HDs that are at the lower trim levels. Would also like to see pricing and order start dates. My guess is that they do not want to disrupt/slow down orders on 2023s at this time. 

The lower trim levels are not getting interior changes I heard but I also read the price is going up like 2k plus another 1,500 for mandatory on star. 

3 hours ago, Pryme said:

The lower trim levels are not getting interior changes I heard but I also read the price is going up like 2k plus another 1,500 for mandatory on star. 

My 22 was built July 11th and I picked it up 3 weeks later.  The 1500 Charge was an option believe that is the case for the23.  Read the 24 the cost will be built in.  So theoretically the same configured truck in 24 will cost you 2k more than a 23.  Crazy thing is with that 24 is that will probably cost about 7-9k more than a 22 before they added the onstar charge.

1 hour ago, nards444 said:

My 22 was built July 11th and I picked it up 3 weeks later.  The 1500 Charge was an option believe that is the case for the23.  Read the 24 the cost will be built in.  So theoretically the same configured truck in 24 will cost you 2k more than a 23.  Crazy thing is with that 24 is that will probably cost about 7-9k more than a 22 before they added the onstar charge.

Yeah I’m sure they will be that much more. Not worth it for me. How did you find the exact build day for your truck? Mine was built in July too, at Flint. 

Similar increases for RAM and Super Duty as well. Although people seem to be expecting at least a 10% increase from MY22 to MY23 for the Super Duty based on the F150 increases, so they could be looking at ~7-9k in just one model year. If GM is only 2k more for MY24, I'm going to be buying my first GM product.

Edited by Ry Guy