2024 Silverado HD

21 hours ago, Pryme said:

Yeah I’m sure they will be that much more. Not worth it for me. How did you find the exact build day for your truck? Mine was built in July too, at Flint. 

Have to find the build codes, which a dealer can do.  3400 and 3800 is what you are looking more.  Somewhat mispoke,  my 3400 was 11JULY, which says thats the day it was loaded into the PC and works its way down the line.  My 3800 code is when the vehicle is done was like 16JULY.  at least what the dealer can give you, you wont get a date time group by hour or day when it was actually completed.  Combined with the fact the codes could be a day or so behind.  You are looking at really a week span of when it could have been built. 

• Thanks 1

I’m curious, there’s a lot of activity on the “sister” ford truck enthusiast site about the 2023 super duty. Lots of threads and very active. 

This place seems like a ghost town in comparison. What gives? Is there not that much of a following for GM HD trucks? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ry Guy said:

I’m curious, there’s a lot of activity on the “sister” ford truck enthusiast site about the 2023 super duty. Lots of threads and very active. 

This place seems like a ghost town in comparison. What gives? Is there not that much of a following for GM HD trucks? 

Funny, when I look at 'Ford-truck.com', it seems most of the forum posts are from owners having problems.

2 hours ago, C/K Man said:

Funny, when I look at 'Ford-truck.com', it seems most of the forum posts are from owners having problems.

Yeah it’s true. I look at both and a couple others and it this one is the slowest by far. Wish it was busier as I have a GM and no longer a ford or Toyota truck. 

5 hours ago, C/K Man said:

How is that any different from the 2020+ HD forum here? There’s even an entire subforum here to discussing troubleshooting issues. I count at least 6 threads on the first page of the 2017+ super duty subforum about discussing new super duty orders there, yet only one here for the new Silverado/sierra. 

Edited by Ry Guy

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Just one man's opinion... 

There has always been Chevy guys and Ford guys. Just read the way the posts are written over there, they're a little different than here. Don't know why. Just a different crowd.

Can't convince me otherwise.

I don’t think anyone is arguing to the contrary. The original point was more forum activity vs. less forum activity; why the discrepancy in participation. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ry Guy said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing to the contrary. The original point was more forum activity vs. less forum activity; why the discrepancy in participation. 

Here you go..

1*hpqmRDLc59jJT1vtYXNtLA.png = Discrepancy in participation.

I could be wrong though.

Maybe it’s that Ford is the most popular. Has a proven diesel. Has more driving aids for heavy duty pulling. More choices in the engine department. Has a real high performance off roader like the raptor. You can get 400 HP in a mid size SUV. Has the cheapest 4 door small pickup. And then there’s the bronco. For the electric fans, lightning and mustang. Chevys are trailing right now in every category. The Camaro is dated. Mid engine corvette, no thanks. I think I covered most of it. If you’re talking about the forum itself, I have no problems with it.