Crew Cab Standard/Long Bed Pics

There is a T1 pics thread going, but with the rarity of the crew cab and standard bed (long bed) compared to the short bed, let's get a thread together to see pics; this was we don't have to dig through hundreds of pages just to find this particular setup. Pure Z71 has one of the most prominent CCLB trucks but let's have others with that post. Stock, leveled, lifted or even lowered, just post them up here. I am leaning more and more towards this bed when it comes times to replace my current truck so would like to see how some of these look in different trims and set ups. I don't have one so I can't contribute but let's see them. 

Tyler

• Like 1

Sorry, I wish I had a photo to share. My only regret on the truck I ordered last year is that I didn’t get the standard bed. Silly. I get by OK without it but I often find myself wishing I had the extra space. 

To the best of my knowledge, the long bed (8') was only available in regular cab configuration.

Crew cabs had the choice of short bed or standard bed.

Edited by cwtech
spelliing

On 1/7/2023 at 3:22 PM, Amcguy1970 said:

There is a T1 pics thread going, but with the rarity of the crew cab and standard bed (long bed) compared to the short bed, let's get a thread together to see pics; this was we don't have to dig through hundreds of pages just to find this particular setup. Pure Z71 has one of the most prominent CCLB trucks but let's have others with that post. Stock, leveled, lifted or even lowered, just post them up here. I am leaning more and more towards this bed when it comes times to replace my current truck so would like to see how some of these look in different trims and set ups. I don't have one so I can't contribute but let's see them. 

Tyler

CCLB would be a 2500/3500.

• Thanks 1

I know a long bed isn't the same as the standard bed, but most people use that term when referring to the different lengths. That is why I put both in the name as this is the half ton (1500) section. The Crew Cab only has two bed choices, short and standard in the half tons; but historically people interchange the terms short/regular and long/standard, so I put both in there. People also us the acronym CCSB for the short bed and CCLB for the long bed instead of having to type it all out each time. So standard bed would also be CCSB and that acronym wouldn't work now...

If it makes everyone feel better, I can rename it to just standard bed and hope no new members think the standard bed is the short bed that most everyone has.  

Let me know what you all think, and I can change it. Just trying to get pictures in there so people can see different set ups with the longer, err I mean standard, bed. 

Thanks LAAC for the pic, it certainly looks longer at some angles. 

Tyler

On 1/7/2023 at 12:22 PM, Amcguy1970 said:

Pure Z71 has one of the most prominent CCLB trucks

Appreciate the kind words. 

This is my first truck and when I was shopping for it, the bigger bed just made since as it was about the same price and added more storage. So far, I've never had a setting that I wished I had the short bed (still fits in parking spots, malls, fits in the garage still, etc).

r7G9eS4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It was only $300 more to go with the standard bed when I ordered mine. I was going to go with it, but the dealer said it would delay getting it built because they batched them together when they built them. I don't know if the Indiana plant built that configuration or if it was only the Mexico plant. I opted out of it since I have a 6x12 enclosed cargo trailer if I need to haul really large items that won't fit in the short bed. The parking spots in WA must be longer than here in MI. My truck with the short bed just fits in most parking spots and most of the time my bumper is hanging out.

My 2022 with the standard bed was built in Indiana.  While we did not order it, it was one of very few within a few hundred miles.  When I took it to get the cap put on, the manager called the truck a unicorn because of the scarcity of standard and long bed trucks.