Power Folding Tow Mirror Conversion

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD LT (6.0) crew cab with the stock non-power folding tow mirrors (DPN). I recently got a set of power folding tow mirrors hoping that all I would need to do is swap out the switch and the new mirrors would auto fold. I have done a ton of research and I cannot find anything on how to convert DPN tow mirrors to power folding tow mirrors (DQS). Any ideas if I need new harnesses? Would a flash by the dealership also be required? My truck was built at the Flint plant and was built in 12/2014 (apparently this matters?). Any help would be appreciated since the switch is $70+ and getting a flash and new harness is costly especially if they aren’t needed.

Edited by WiscoChevy15

Update to my original post. I got the new power folding mirror switch today (GM: 22754407, 23154702, or 84643953). I installed the switch and the new power folding mirrors. All I did was plug in the new switch and plug in the mirrors to the original door harnesses. I had immediate success. The mirrors folded with new switch. Again, I did not need to replace any harnesses.

I am guessing that a flash of the truck would allow me to use the key remote to fold the mirrors if I really wanted that feature. I will not be doing that since I was quoted almost $100 just to flash. I hope this helps someone going through the DPN tow mirror to power folding tow mirror conversion. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, WiscoChevy15 said:

I am guessing that a flash of the truck would allow me to use the key remote to fold the mirrors if I really wanted that feature. I will not be doing that since I was quoted almost $100 just to flash.

Interesting. I messaged with @pgamboa and he mentioned the power fold with the key was only available on memory seat trucks.
Could I get more information on this?
If a flash is doable for this option, I'd happily pay the $100.

• Like 1

I went to my local Chevy dealership today with a service appointment. Figured I would have them do the flash while it was in. When I dropped off the truck I asked about getting the flash done. I was told it would be done while the truck was in. I explained the situation with the mirrors and it seemed to be understood. When I went to pick it up they acted like I didn't even request the flash. When I asked the tech about it he said it couldn't be done anyways without GM adding that option to the trucks VIN? @MikeBMW does this sound right?