2022 refresh backup camera error on my Sierra AT4

Klutch

Been getting a lot of errors on screen for the backup camera in my '22 refresh AT4. If I put it in reverse, it just randomly loses picture and shows a circle with a line through it. Then it'll just as randomly come back on.  Sometimes repeatedly while backing up. Can't find any sort of pattern to it though. It's never failed to come on at all and doesn't go out every time it's used. Very odd.  I have seen someone else with this issue on the Silverado and it stands to reason since they're the same truck under the covers.  Trying to figure out how widespread it is.  This photo is not mine but it's the exact same icons/errors on the screen.  My truck has less than 1K on the odometer.  I realize it's under warranty and can/will be taken to the dealer at some point.  I'm gathering info at this point.

camera error.jpg

Same here. It fails sometimes, like when you need it!  Cant log into google either, GM support cant help either. I think this google asking to sign up every start is a driver distraction. Gotta make a complaint to transport Canada

Been happening to me a lot the past several days.  I dread taking it in until they know what's actually wrong.  I hate having my truck dismantled for "trying stuff".  If it's genuine troubleshooting for one-off stuff sure, this clearly is a bigger problem than my truck.

Edited by Klutch

On 1/19/2023 at 8:55 AM, Klutch said:

Been happening to me a lot the past several days.  I dread taking it in until they know what's actually wrong.  I hate having my truck dismantled for "trying stuff".  If it's genuine troubleshooting for one-off stuff sure, this clearly is a bigger problem than my truck.

3 posts with the same issue, yup, lets assume all signs point to a bigger problem... 

Are AT4 cameras different than other trucks cameras? Title signifies it is unique to one trim but others with the same problem have different trims. 

Tyler

7 hours ago, Amcguy1970 said:

3 posts with the same issue, yup, lets assume all signs point to a bigger problem... 

Are AT4 cameras different than other trucks cameras? Title signifies it is unique to one trim but others with the same problem have different trims. 

Tyler

Believe the camera system is the same.  I always include my trim just in case there is a pattern.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having the same issue on my 2022 refreshed Silverado 1500.  The dealership replaced the camera once and that did not resolve the issue.  What is discouraging, is one of the service advisors said his does the same thing as if there was nothing wrong with it.  I noticed it primarily happens at night or in parking garages where the lighting around the vehicle changes from dark to brighter and vice versa.  The image is not clear like an HD screen should be at night either.  In comparison, my wife's 2020 Encore GX's camera image is crystal clear and vivid where the Silverado is grainy (noisy in today's digital camera terms).  Seems like some Cadillac models had a recall on this issue already.  We just need to be vocal about this safety issue.

I was informed by my dealership late yesterday that GM released a lengthy software update for some radio/infotainment units that is to address this issue along with many other potential issues last week.  They said GM has no plans to notify owners and the issue would be addressed as the customer advises the dealership of the concern.  The document ID is 6380108 and references "Y168 Most Notable Improvements:"  The portion of the list I have seen was two full pages single spaced.

Recent Service Bulletins - RepairProcedures.com - Providing …

Web#23-NA-118 - Radio Software Version Y168 – Multiple Updates for IOK - (Jul 20, 2023) Related To: Entertainment / Programming and Setup / Displays and Gauges #18-NA-069 - …

Edited by sparty9399

The update definitely addressed some stuff.

However, my camera still has the same issue.  The image is clearer since the update but the camera still goes out intermittently at night. 

Anyone know how this may differ from the recall Cadillac had with their cars that were doing something along these lines?