OEM led taillights, hyper flash, flicker, sometimes not working

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT with the factory LED tail lights and LED blinker/stop lights.  Started a couple weeks ago with the left tail lamp, now both lamps.  Intermittent flicker of the blinker/stop lamp portion of the LED tail lights.  And a couple times I've had hyper flash and a warning message of tail light out (seems to be on cold mornings).

I feel this is similar to a Yukon Denali my wife had, that I found a repair of the circuit board video that fixed it.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Had it fixed without replacing the taillights?

BTW, truck is just out of warranty, and I was quoted $2,500 for new taillights from the dealership 

Tail lights are about $750 each for the Silverado led tail lights.  I can't imagine them being $1750 more for the GMC.  I'd question your dealers integrity on that one.

Have you checked to make sure you're not low on blinker fluid, lol?

I don't have the quote Infront of me, but they wanted to replace both taillights, the taillight wiring harness, and something they described as a wiring distribution box (right behind rear bumper next to spare tire).  Said it's all corroded, I'm in the North East and the roads are heavily salted.  Truck is just over 3 years old (by days), and just hit 40k miles the day they looked at it.

16 hours ago, 89LincolnLSC said:

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT with the factory LED tail lights and LED blinker/stop lights.  Started a couple weeks ago with the left tail lamp, now both lamps.  Intermittent flicker of the blinker/stop lamp portion of the LED tail lights.  And a couple times I've had hyper flash and a warning message of tail light out (seems to be on cold mornings).

I feel this is similar to a Yukon Denali my wife had, that I found a repair of the circuit board video that fixed it.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Had it fixed without replacing the taillights?

BTW, truck is just out of warranty, and I was quoted $2,500 for new taillights from the dealership 

1 hour ago, 89LincolnLSC said:

I don't have the quote Infront of me, but they wanted to replace both taillights, the taillight wiring harness, and something they described as a wiring distribution box (right behind rear bumper next to spare tire).  Said it's all corroded, I'm in the North East and the roads are heavily salted.  Truck is just over 3 years old (by days), and just hit 40k miles the day they looked at it.

86820473 (left) $756 and 86820474 (right) $687.97 retail are the lamps.  Right is on backorder.  Both have a $50 core deposit as well.  They come with the wiring harnesses no need to order those separately.  The lighting control module is 13540274 $120.92 and is also on backorder.  That's $1664.89 + tax for the parts.  About 1.5hr total labor for the work.  Not sure how much they dinged you for diag but I would assume the diag was baked into that quote?

Nope, paid for 1 hour of diagnostic at $189/hr

Iwas hoping for a GM goodwill warranty repair, but no go.  I know they said 2 hours for install, then the truck or control module would have to be programmed and could be another hour of labor. 

After not getting it covered under warranty, I came here hoping someone has seen this, and came up with a cheaper fix.  When I did the Yukon, had to cut into the back side of the taillight to expose the circuit board, then solder wire to connect the broken board.  Was hoping for something similar.

Where it is affecting both lights I would address the wiring dist box first and see if that fixes it. Salt water is a great conductor so there is a good chance that is the only problem and if it is corroded will need to be fixed anyway.

Maybe take apart the control box, clean it up and spray some electrical contact cleaner spray on the contacts and see if that helps, cheap easy way to possibly save a lot of money. 

On 1/26/2023 at 8:42 PM, 89LincolnLSC said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, 89LincolnLSC.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 GMC Sierra SLT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: 89LincolnLSC/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 11:19 PM, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, 89LincolnLSC.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 GMC Sierra SLT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: 89LincolnLSC/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

Ok, I will do it and I hope they will help me. I am also facing the same issue.