I would like to start a NEW catch can post for all to follow.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Bear said:

None felt. It's a choice and it's yours. You are welcome to it. I even understand about 'burn out". 

Almost a certainty.  

:crackup:

But my reaction to it is more about me than you.

I'm sure you knew that.

:P

Seeeeee, you crack me up.....and I love your perspective...

• Thanks 1

This thread has been great, no need to delete it!

I've been interested in running a CC on my truck, I don't because mine is still port injected and I'm worried about it freezing over.

But I think a great point was made by custom , if you're pulling out that much oil you should see your dipstick level drop, no? Have you tried checking your dipstick to see if it goes down by a similar amount?

I too do the blackstone labs every oil change. I nerd out on it even though I'm still learning and need experts to interpret it for me. But @Jettech1 I would love to see a labs report on that CC content, even if it's just once. It might help determine whether it's mostly fuel or mostly oil etc and then help others who are thinking about a CC which way to go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, the wanderer said:

This thread has been great, no need to delete it!

I've been interested in running a CC on my truck, I don't because mine is still port injected and I'm worried about it freezing over.

But I think a great point was made by custom , if you're pulling out that much oil you should see your dipstick level drop, no? Have you tried checking your dipstick to see if it goes down by a similar amount?

I too do the blackstone labs every oil change. I nerd out on it even though I'm still learning and need experts to interpret it for me. But @Jettech1 I would love to see a labs report on that CC content, even if it's just once. It might help determine whether it's mostly fuel or mostly oil etc and then help others who are thinking about a CC which way to go.

I see no difference on my dipstick, I mean we are talking about an ounce here and there.  I was telling grumpy a few responses back that I really honestly have no desire to do an oil sample on what's in there.  I burnt out many years ago doing them, I used to be a hardcore BITOG guy and it was fun.  After 5 or so years of doing it I just burnt out on it.  Going back and forth on PPM and how to lower PPM with anything is kind of a moot point these days with how good oil is, in my humble opinion.  But it was fun to learn about it all and banter back and forth. Having said that, and this is my simple mind of observation, I look in my CC, I see oil.  I don't see a milkshake, or smell any fuel.  I see oil.  So I generally just dump it back into the engine and all is good.  My overall point is that oil that I see in my CC didn't make its way into my intake.  One person said the CC is a place where the oil condenses, and that is a true statement.  But I don't want that oil that is in any state to enter my intake.  Another great post is to where a CC shouldn't be used in super cold climates, of which I totally agree with.  Sure there is moisture in there as well and that would suck if the lines froze up, of which I can't honestly imagine that happening at all, but I guess it could, and having your front or rear main seal blow out because the engine wouldn't be able to ventilate as well.  So it's all kind user preference.  And for me, I like to keep that oil out of my intake as much as possible.  That's pretty much the bottom line for me.  Thank you for your post and I hope this thread has helped.

• Like 1