Do you pay for an OnStar plan?

Do you pay for an OnStar plan?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, 1454 said:

According to this, there aren't tons of dead spots. Justify not paying for it, it's your money. It's worth it to me to pay 86+ tax a year to not be limited to 100ft of range. Even my last car I had a viper RS put in for this reason. Remote start is useless if it can't be used until you are walking to the vehicle. 

https://www.att.com/5g/coverage-map/

I looked at the earlier also. The map looks good. It says on the bottom it's only an approximation though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jashaw said:

I looked at the earlier also. The map looks good. It says on the bottom it's only an approximation though.

Oh, I know. Obviously there are always going to be some deadspots. I just meant it's not like the Dakotas or something. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 3:08 PM, GullLakeMi said:

I hate to give GM any more of my money, but miss having remote access.

A lot of dealers these days are buying their trucks from the factory with 3 years of "On-Star Remote Access" included with the truck. It's actually kind of a scam though. It's $1500 onto the MSRP of the truck but the $15/month over 3 years should only be $540. Not sure why they did that.

I don't really care about the remote start and unlock/lock....but with the new refreshed infotainment, it sucks to not be able to use the Google features. So I will likely keep paying for mine. Yes I do use Apple CarPlay a lot...but sometimes I just want to use the built-in stuff.

8 hours ago, shanemoon said:

A lot of dealers these days are buying their trucks from the factory with 3 years of "On-Star Remote Access" included with the truck. It's actually kind of a scam though. It's $1500 onto the MSRP of the truck but the $15/month over 3 years should only be $540. Not sure why they did that.

I don't really care about the remote start and unlock/lock....but with the new refreshed infotainment, it sucks to not be able to use the Google features. So I will likely keep paying for mine. Yes I do use Apple CarPlay a lot...but sometimes I just want to use the built-in stuff.

It isn't the dealers doing it, it is GMC. All GMC trucks now come standard with it built into the cost. GM announced they'd be doing that late 2022.

1 hour ago, mjonesjr84 said:

It isn't the dealers doing it, it is GMC. All GMC trucks now come standard with it built into the cost. GM announced they'd be doing that late 2022.

My 23 GMC Came with 3 years onstar included, When I was shopping for the truck I saw that some dealers were adding additional costs for "3 Years Onstar" so I guess if you're not in the know they will get you for the extra amount, I saw $995.00 on a few trucks for Onstar added to the price of the truck.